9.

During the weekend, you came to the decision not to mention your disorderly behavior to your friends. You had planned to keep the entire thing a secret forever, but there was this part of you that was dying to talk about it. Maybe talking about what happened would help you to stop constantly replaying the events in your mind. So when your friends found you by your locker, you decided that you could no longer hold on to your inner turmoil.

"Wait, you did what?" Chanhee asked, scandalized.

You barely managed to keep a straight face after Sangyeon sent an incredulous look your way. With your friends staring at you like you had grown another head, you began to wonder if telling them was one of your more idiotic mistakes.

"I didn't mean to!" You defended, feeling a warm sensation travel through your body and place itself in the center of your face. "He didn't wake me up after I passed out-that's not my fault!"

Sangyeon snorted. "That creep probably enjoyed having you in his bed. I didn't take you as the type to sleep with someone on the first date, though."

"You aren't funny." You snapped angrily. "And it wasn't a date."

"Who had a date?"

Younghoon's curious inquiry had Sangyeon and Chanhee sharing a smirk. You could only glare at your insufferable friends as they made a very poor attempt to suppress their laughter. Yup, deciding to tell them was definitely a mistake.

"Y/N spent the night at Lee Juyeon's house-in his bed while Juyeon was in it."

"Speak up, I don't think the people at the other end of the hall heard you." You hissed at Sangyeon.

Younghoon's wide eyes made your agitation increase a tenfold. Impossibly, it melted into something more intense after seeing a suggestive smirk take over his face. "Wow. Lee Juyeon really is on another level if even Y/N couldn't resist his charm."

"Shut the fuck up." You practically growled. "Like I was telling these idiots, it was an accident. That's all."

Chanhee raised a skeptical eyebrow at your words. The know-it-all look he directed at you made your insides twist uncomfortably. "Okay, but that doesn't explain why you still have the wrapper from a piece of candy he gave you last year."

Sangyeon snorted while Younghoon sent another shocked look your way. This time, you had no legitimate excuse for your actions. What were you supposed to say? Lee Juyeon saw a vulnerable side of me and comforted me despite my reputation which touched me more than I thought was possible and I haven't been able to stop thinking about him since. Yeah, there was no way you would ever say that out loud.

Juyeon kept walking down the hall, hating that the nerves had only gotten stronger with every step he took. However, all the apprehension he felt morphed into an emotion he vaguely recognized but didn't directly acknowledge when he saw Kim Younghoon leaning against the locker next to yours, directing a teasing smirk at you. Juyeon ignored the rational part of his brain that told him to just keep walking and speak to you at another point in time. He threw caution to wind as he purposefully walked toward you.

As you were vehemently denying the possibility of having any sort of feelings for a certain football player, your friends suddenly grew quiet. You didn't understand their sudden silence, and you definitely couldn't work out why they were now looking behind you with complacent glee.

"Y/N."

The voice was easily distinguishable, and it made your stupid heart tighten with affection. You slowly turned around, mentally cursing fate for not being merciful. There, directly in front of you, stood Lee Juyeon in all of his glory. He was holding out your spare helmet which seemed more incriminating than it actually was. You could practically hear the insane amount of clowning that would take place once the tall boy walked away.

Controlling your expressions whenever Juyeon came around was only getting harder with time, and you hoped that no one watching could tell how affected you were by his mere presence. The most frustrating part about the entire situation was the fact that you were sure your own presence didn't and would probably never affect him in the same way.