chapter one: 𝙗𝙞𝙜 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙡

"Okay.." I mumble reassuringly to myself.
"I can do this...You can do this.."

No big deal.
I'm just performing my biggest piece to date in possibly the most famous theatre in the entirety of the country.

Deep breath in. And Out. Repeat.

My eyes lazer focus on the audience waiting before me as I cower behind the curtain.
Sean glares at me from the opposite side of the stage. I could've sworn that I just saw murderous intent within them..I can't blame him though, he went through hell to get me this opportunity.

I make a mental note to thank him with my world-famous baking later.

The music belows out from beneath me and before I can protest, my body drags itself to the centre of the stage and everyone's attention. Show time.

Every step felt like anxiety mixed with heaven, but I landed them all. Of course, I messed up a few times, the pleasure of being the clumsiest person to ever step foot onto a stage, but the audience didn't have to know that.

Before I could say anything, the piece has ended and I'm stood, once again, in the middle of the stage being blinded by the rays of light enveloping me. Is Parker here? Could he make it?

Who am I kidding, of course he didn't. At least I'll see him tonight so that I can tell him all about this.

A gentle smile forms on my lips. _________________________________________

Various congratulations sounded out around me for a while afterwards until I found myself outside seeing as my body was begging for some fresh air.

"Please pick up..Please pick up.." I grit my teeth and tap the very foot that placed its first step on a famous stage moments ago, which was now covered with a sneaker and on damp city ground.

"Hey its Parker here, I'm not answering at the moment so leave a voicemail at the beep..Beep?"
I smile slightly to myself when I hear his questioning followed by my own voice whispering loudly to him "Beep!"

A sigh leaves my mouth as I message my so-called boyfriend. I'm kidding, I love him. I just wish that sometimes he'd show his love back, like old times.

𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙩:"𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯,𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦. 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵?"

𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙩:"𝘐 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘧𝘧 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦, 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘦𝘴?"

"He'll answer eventually" I tell myself, knowing that he arrives home at ungodly hours of the night whilst drunk, thinking that I'm not still awake worrying about him and that he won't answer any time soon.
Steadily, I pick myself up from the ground and head toward the door. Unknowingly, I swing open the door ready to gather my things when I'm met with a much taller figure against mine.

I slightly trip, which leads to the most humiliating thing to ever occur in my life. I fell. How on earth did I fall?

"Dang it." I huff and wipe my hands clean before attempting to stand, not once checking who I bumped into.

"Watch it." A deep and soft but piercing voice warned before extending their hand out to meet mine.
My eyes travel up to who offered my their hand to find the most angelic looking woman that I've ever laid eyes upon.
I shouldn't even be allowed within the presence of this woman. Holy hell.

Suddenly, I realised that I've paused to gawk at her gorgeous, tanned skin and soft locs that are now falling in front of her face as she stares down at me with an unbothered expression.

"Oh.Uhh.. Thank you!" I smiled widely and looked down at her hand after jumping up back onto my feet.

The girl leans herself up against the wall and reaches for a cigarette in her pocket.

"Your hands are soft." My eyes reach hers as she looks up at me with the most encapsulating and hazel eyes that I've ever witnessed.
A brief layer of unexpectancy paints her face before relaxing just as quickly.

"Oh, my lord. I'm so sorry that came out super weirdly! I just meant like when you helped me up you-" Before I can continue, I'm interrupted. Rude.

"Don't worry about it." That voice again.

"Oh..Okay.." My voice trails off before I, steadily, walk through the door I failed to go through a few moments ago.

"Instead, worry about hurting yourself the next time you rush through a door mindlessly. Wouldn't wanna stop yourself from performing, would you?"
The unnamed girl suggested. Wow. I'm not even offended.

"Yeah." I push myself to slightly yell once I rush through the corridor to reach my room. Shoot. I didn't get her name.

She recognised me from my performance.

Before I leave to go home, I see Sean frantically running around asking people if they'd seen a girl matching the description of the goddess I'd just met.

"Sean, what's wrong? Why do you need her?"

"She's not supposed to be back here, I told her multiple times that she should exit like every other guest but she kept saying that the back exit was closer to where she had to be afterwards."

Strange.

Friend opportunity 10/100.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Ahh! First chapter is done
I can't tell if I like it or not, but it's done.
Tell me what you think :))

-Ezekial

Word Count:830