chapter two:𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙥

The night drifted by slowly as I grew more and more impatient. The clock illuminated the numbers '4:34am' between my sore eyes before I even attempted to fall asleep.

Once I woke up, with an empty space by my side of the bed still, I made myself an omelette as I called my best friend, Zhara, who almost destroyed my phone from the amount of texts she'd sent me.

𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮:"𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨! 𝘞𝘢𝘴 𝘔𝘳.𝘞𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘖𝘧𝘚𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦? 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮."

𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮:"𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘐 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳, 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬. 𝘈𝘕𝘚𝘞𝘌𝘙 𝘔𝘌𝘌𝘌𝘌!"

I slyly giggle to myself before facetiming her. "I saw that you read my texts! What were you doing? Is Parker back?"

My smile slowly drops at the mention of his name. I love him, I just wish that he'd come back earlier so that we could actually be a couple.
"There was a sticky note on a ramen packet in the kitchen. It said that he was out again for work so he'll be back tonight."

Zhara's face reassures me that I'm not in the wrong for feeling off about his actions. But maybe if I were less lonely and more like those girls he works with then he'd listen to my wishes.

"Ro, hunny, I need you to listen to me now, okay?" Her face twists into a mask of anger that I can tell that she's holding back.
"What is it? Did Cooper make a mess of your curtains again? I'm sorry, I can take him back now, I just didn't want him to be lonely whilst I was out late for the performance."

"No, it's not that. Coop is okay, he's chewing on my slipper at the moment. What I meant was.." She drifts off with a slight loss of breath.

"Do you remember Ivan? He told me that he'd seen Parker at..at a club last night." Confusion wraps itself through my eyebrows as they furrow.

"There were two girls with him, acting..not so friendly. He'd told me that they were taking it in turns to dance in his lap whilst he watched them."

I could've sworn I felt my heart attempt to crawl out once I heard those words.

My stomach, which was filled with a delicious omelette just moments before, feels empty when I attempt to push out any words that I can.

"I'm sorry, I would've come over to tell you but I wasn't sure you'd want that. Are you okay?"

"I'm not upset.

"You aren't?"

"No. No,I'm not."

"I just-I feel more humiliated than upset. I let him do this to me right in front of my very eyes."

"I'm here for you bab. I'm coming over right now, we can cuddle and eat ice cream. Cooper! Stop it! Khalas!"

My body allows a slight chuckle to escape my lips.
"Bring that damn cat back with you."

_________________________________________

At least half an hour after I hung up on Zhara, I hear a knock at my apartment door.

"Let me innnn!! This cat wont stop meowing!" Her hand bangs against my door obnoxiously.

I swing the door open and usher her inside, looking out into the corridor to make sure that nobody followed her.
Can never be too sure. I live on the dodgy side of the city anyway.

Before setting Cooper on the ground and letting him out of his pet carrier, I turn to Zhara to see her face beaming back at me. Its been a while since she's been to the apartment, I may have accidentally forgotten to give her back the hoodie she let me borrow when we had a sleepover.

Now that my best friend is here, my mind has cleared and I'm focusing on the gorgeous girl in front of me.

Zhara and I have been best friends since we were 5 and 7 when she was the only one to stop the girls who picked on me.

She's been loyal ever since

Despite the fact that we're now both 21 and 23. And still closer than ever.

Zhara has ever-so-slighty green eyes with a comforting deep hazel overtaking a few out-of-place dots in them and her hijab is always on point. I'm not kidding. I don't think I've ever seen her look like a mess, even when we've had sleepovers and pillow fights.

She is truly the girl you'd love to introduce to your parents. Her smile is mesmerising and draws warmth across my entire body. Not to mention, she's a total badass, her outfits are consistently outstanding and if she told be that she worked for the fbi, I'd honestly believe her.

"Okay, creep, enough drooling over me. Let's get to those cookies!" Zhara's voice echoes as she charges toward the kitchen.

_________________________________________

"Bismillah." Zhara's voice soothed my nerves once more before we dig in to the cookies and ice cream we'd prepared.

I'm grateful for her.

After our food, my phone rings.

"Sean?" I question down the phone.

"Hey Rose, I think you might wanna come over here." Sean's voice sounds out from the other side of the phone.

"What? Are you okay? Are you hurt?"
I practically interrogate him as worry envelops me.

"It's Parker. He's at this club again. You should see for yourself and finally get rid of him. "

My heart thuds against my chest.

"Okay. I'm coming. Send me the location of the club." I force my tears to stay in my eyes.

Zhara looks at me with a seemingly painful-looking face. "What's going on?"

"Sean wants me to come see Parker for myself." I admit to my best friend.

She gasps and reaches her arms out to hug me.

I accept her comforting embrace and let go after a few moments.

"I know you can't come to the club, but could you stay here until I get back?"

She nods and sits back down, prepared to watch endless amounts of Netflix.

Okay. Let's do this.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Hey:)
I know that this chapter is dreadful, and I'm not too sure about the next few, but I'll try my best to make it sound as good as possible.
I put myself into a slight bit of a pickle with my choices of routes in the story, but I'll attempt to make it work.

I hope you have a nice day♡

-Ezekial

Word Count:1076