chapter three:𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙩

"I don't think I can do this" I stand in the doorway of the nightclub, holding myself up as my legs feel like jelly.

"I'm right here if you need me." Sean smiles warmly at me as we step inside.

Immediately, I'm engulfed in lights and music surrounding me.

Warm bodies swarm the place.

I hate this.

I've always hated nightclubs,that's the reason why I never came with Parker.

But of course, he continued to go without me.

"Where is he?" I ask Sean loudly so that he can hear me over the music.

"Last time I saw him, he was heading to a private lounge with two girls."

Please.

Please no.

My heart battles itself whilst we step closer and closer to the lounge that Sean was talking about.

"No security? Damn" Sean slightly chuckles to himself as I give him a glance.

I take a deep breath and let myself in to the room.

No.

All of my confidence drains from my body at the sight I see before me.

Parker.

It's him.

Sean wasn't lying. He didn't mistake it.

Parker has two girls on either side of him and one on top of a table. Half naked.

His smirk fades once the eyes I once adored to look into reach mine.

"Wh-wha.." My voice cracks messily whilst I hold back my sobs.

"Babe!" He jumps to his feet in a split second but I race out of the door.

Tears stream down my face as I search for the exit.

Instead, I'm met with a bright light as I slam the door to whatever room I just entered.

An fancy office-looking space contrasts the drug-riden club I'd just been in.

A familiar face sits at the desk overlooking a view of the city, but looks up to the source of the sound.

The lady from the alley?

Why is she in a fancy office in an expensive nightclub?

"I'm-I'm sorry.. I thought this was the bathroom.." I hold myself back from falling to the floor due to the wave of betrayal and anger reaching me.

"What the hell?!" The beautiful stranger that I'd remembered from that night makes her way over to me.

In one swift motion she grabs my hand once more and leads me to the couch in her luxury-seeming office.

I allow her to as I finally break; heartbreaking noises leaving my mouth.

"Shit."

"What happened? You're the girl from last night,correct? Miss.Clumsy?"

A slight chuckle can be heard through my constant sniffles. "I'm sorry.. Wheres your bathroom?"

"I'm not letting you back out there unless you tell me what happened"
She's knelt in front of me now, wiping my tears with one soft,tattooed hand and gently holding my wrist with the other.

"My boyfriend..He-hes always here.. He always comes here..And I didnt know this. I-" I sniffle away anything wanting to leave my nose as I struggle to find the correct words.