Chapter 3-

The next day, rays of bright sunlight poking through the tent woke you up at about midday.

During your time in the wilderness, when you would hide from passers by, a trade cart once dropped a bag with quite a large sum of mora, Teyvat's currency, in it. None of the people within the cart noticed so you took the bag for yourself and now used it to buy you and Aether some breakfast.

The air of awkwardness from the previous day had dissolved, you now feeling comforted around the blonde traveler. Although the seal placed on you both had limited your power, you two were still very strong and it was relieving having someone in the same situation and on your side in this unfamiliar world.

You leisurely strolled around the city as you ate, finally being able to explore it freely and without a terrifying dragon terrorising the place. Although simple, it was charming, having a calm and comforting spring air to it.

Eventually you and Aether walked into the spacious city square and ran into Amber who was actually seeking you two. She was pleased that you were fond of the wind gliders but explained that you needed licenses, and she was here to be your examiner. After giving you a gliding manual, she left for 'Windrise', telling you to meet her there once you'd read it.

You looked over Aether's shoulder as he opened the old book.

"When the first wisp of wind brushed across the land, birds that had yearned for the sky had wings, but no way to fly. They asked the Anemo God: 'How can we reach the heavens?' To which the Anemo God replied: 'You have yet to find that which is most important.' As the Anemo God spoke, the wind thrust the seeds of a dandelion high into the sky. The birds thrust out their wings but the breeze was all too mild, leaving them to stumble across the earth. So they went to the gorge, where the wind showed off its wild and incomparable strength. They threw themselves off the cliff, and flapped their wings amongst the howling winds, until they were able to fly freely in the sky. To the Anemo God they went, to gleefully say: 'We understand now! All we needed was a stronger wind to fly.' In reply the Anemo God said: 'What you lacked was not wind, but courage. It is courage that allowed you to become the first flying birds of this world.'"

"Hmm, that's a cool story, and it gives us a bit of insight on how the Anemo God is, but is the official gliding manual really written in this style?" you questioned.

"I guess Mondstadt folks like to romanticise things," Aether shrugged.

"Yeah, let's go find Amber now."

Through a conversation with a little misunderstanding, Amber realised she had accidentally given you the wrong book. But nevertheless, she trusted you both and just quickly ran through the rules before beginning your exam.

After easily completing the first part at Windrise and the second and third in Mondstadt, Amber finally issued your and Aether's licenses at the Cathedral.

You sighed from exhaustion as you left the majestic Church, the last honey-coloured rays of sunlight of the day shining in your eyes. As you and Aether descended through the city on your way to the tent, you noticed Jean and another person talking on a quiet street.

The other lady wore a silver mask covering her eyes, and was dressed in black and purple. You and Aether decided to wait till they finished to go say hi to Jean, however grew concerned as you caught threads of a tense discussion.