𝙴𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜 (1/?) ♡

This one shot is taking place around the first episode, and although some of it goes along with the plot, it definitely has quite a few different scenes added. Don't expect it to be completely accurate because I switched it up quite a bit.
(and also i'm gonna make a few different parts to this)

Nini's POV-

I was sweating my ass off at the auditions for our school musical, High School Musical. But the thing is, I wasn't even out on stage yet. I was just super nervous watching all of those amazing dancers on stage with numbers on their shirts to separate them. I was number 16, but I wasn't out there.

"Yes! C'mon one!" Carlos cheered at someone with the number one taped to their shirt. He was standing at the front of the stage with Miss.Jenn, watching the students dance.

"I know, she's amazing." Miss.Jenn replied to Carlos.

I skimmed through the crowd to find who they were talking about, and there she was. She had dark skin, fluffy brunette hair in a pony tail, a long sleeved black crop top that had a v neck in the front, and black leggings. She was awfully intimidating, but also stunning. She definitely stood out from the rest. Her moves were so much more sharp and passionate than the others, I couldn't decide if the tingles in my stomach meant I admired her or if I was jealous of her.

I was pretty much shocked to my core as I watched her with my mouth agape, I turned my head around to see how EJ was reacting to this. His face was pretty emotionless, he cocked an eyebrow at my facial expression and I just turned back around. How can he not be super impressed at the sight of her dancing skills??

Miss.Jenn and Carlos cheered one last time before the song ended. The silence was replaced by the two clapping and eying Gina with a slight smirk. She was probably gonna get a big role.

"Alright everyone that's it for the warmup!" Carlos yelled out. My eyes widened and I quickly started panicking.

"That was the warmup?!" I turned to EJ.

"Everyone pair up! Now, not with a friend. theater is a community." I heard Miss.Jenn announce.

I was still turned towards EJ, facing away from the stage. When I turned around to find someone, I was face to face with the pretty girl I had been watching.

I stared at her for a couple seconds before smiling, "Hi! Um, I'm Nini. Wow-! Um, can I borrow your high kick sometime?" I beamed.

"Oh my god, you're the cutest!" The taller girl giggled. "So, have you played leads here before?"

"No. Um, not yet, but uh.. This summer at camp I went on for the lead because she got low-grade salmonella so I'm ready! I snickered.

"Great story!.." The girl responded with a slight tone of sarcasm, causing my stomach to churn and my smile to drop slightly. "You know, I've never been to a camp or been an understudy.. You'll have to tell me all about it." She smirked.

I tried to laugh in response, but it came out as more of a rough exhale.

"Gina." She held out a hand, "Sophomore, transfer student." She smiled, still speaking with a petty and sarcastic voice. My smile faded more. I shook her hand, trying not to acknowledge how soft her skin was.

"And we're back!" Miss.Jenn announced, breaking us apart. I stood beside Gina, trying to collect myself. As I stood there waiting for instruction, I tried to pretend I wasn't watching her look me up and down from the corner of my eye.