Joke #53

One day, two boys sat down by a nut tree in an old cemetery, out of view from the road. They then began dividing up the nuts between themselves. As they did, they dropped some and they rolled towards the fence by the road.

"One for you, one for me! One for you, one for me!"

As they divided up the nuts, a boy biked up beside the cemetery and heard them.

"One for you, one for me! One for you, one for me!"

"It must be The Lord and Satan dividing up the souls." The boy thought, and raced off to get help.

A little while down the road, he found an old man walking and asked him to come to the cemetery. "The Lord and Satan are dividing up the souls." He told him. "Get lost kid. I'm busy here!" But the boy insisted so finally, the man followed him.

At the fence, they heard "One for you, one for me! One for you, one for me!"

"You were right! It is The Lord and Satan!" The man told the boy excitedly. "Let's see if we can see The Lord!"

As the old man and the boy tried to get a glimpse of The Lord, they heard "One for you, one for me! One for you, one for me!"

Finally, they heard "Okay, let's just go get those nuts by the fence and we'll be done!"

They say the old man had a lead on the boy on the bicycle for a full Kilometer before the boy caught up!