This christmas

EJ POV:

Ricky and I are sitting on my apartment floor opening each other's gifts that our families sent us, mostly gift cards and clothes.

"Aww, bubbs look at this! Gina made us matching hats" I hold up two knitted rainbow Beenies.

"Aww, we're gonna need them, it's supposed to snow for the next few days. Also, I got you something"

"No you didnt have to get me anything. You already decorated my apartment and made me breakfast."

"I insist" he hands me a white box with red ribbon.

I open it and I see a silver chain bracelet.

"They're a matching set. And they have magnets on them so when we hold hands, they connect." He show me his on his wrist.

"Aww, bubbs. You're too much. What did I do to deserve you?" I crawl over to him and sit on his lap with my legs wrapped around his waist.

"What did I do to deserve you?" He asks back and kisses me.

"I love you Richard Bowen"

"I love you too Elijah"

"I have something for you" I hand him a box.

"What is it?"

"Open it and find out." He opens the box and is starstruck.

"Before you panic, it's not an engagement ring."

"Oh, few! I love you but I'm not ready for that just yet."

"It's a promise ring, that will one...." He cuts me off.

"Day turn into a wedding ring. I know, I've watched cheesy romances before. I love it EJ thank you."

I put the ring on his finger, I have a matching one that I put on mine.

(Ricky's is the gold one)

AN
This was a sweet chapter, to get a break from all the OTHER stuff
Thx for reading