Bursting the Bubble

Seulgi stopped her car, half on the curb in front of the entrance of Joohyun's residence, she could feel the other girl's mind work at full speed next to her. She was glad that she started working things out but it also made her nervous because it was a rabbit hole that wasn't going to be full of rainbows and unicorns. She came a long way already and it surprised her how Joohyun was turning things around for herself at a great pace.

« Are you okay? » She asked softly. Joohyun turned her head toward her and gave her a slight nod « Was the sleepover too much? » Joohyun shook her head.

« I meant what I said to Yeri's moms. I had a very good time » She smiled « I thought it would be hard and awkward to get along with the others but...they were so nice to me...and helpful »

« I'm glad » Seulgi returned her smile and glanced at the part of Joohyun's house that was visible behind the trees « Are you okay going back? » Joohyun looked out the window with a sigh.

« There's probably no one home so I'll be fine » She turned back toward her « Thank you, Seulgi. For everything » Her words dripped with sincerity and affection which made Seulgi's body warm up.

« You're welcome » She said, knowing that Joohyun wouldn't take her humility if she tried « If you need anything just call, alright? » Joohyun nodded shyly.

« Thanks, Seulgi » She leaned over and kissed her cheek before getting out of the car. Seulgi froze as her heart doubled its pace. She watched Joohyun walk away and her lips slowly upturned. She knew she shouldn't but she was falling for Joohyun more and more as time went by. She shook her head to get out of her stupor and drove away with butterflies in her stomach.

A few meters away, Joohyun closed her front door to find her siblings on top of the stairs expecting her. Joohyun gulped, shivers running down her spine as she had no choice but to make her way up to get to her room.

« How was the sleepover? » Hyun-Woo asked with a smirk that Joohyun hated and feared. It meant that he knew something and it terrified her what he might have found out.

« Good and none of your business » She replied dryly and he snorted.

Kyung-Mi, next to him, looked at her sister calmly before she blocked her way toward her room « I thought Kang Seulgi was just a classmate, so why is she driving you back home? » She questioned with a raised eyebrow. Joohyun's eyes widened. Of course, they spied on her. It was so alike them. Kyung-Mi sighed and took her phone out « I got to say she's also a great photographer » Joohyun felt her blood drain from her body. Why did they care about her life so suddenly? Why didn't they ignore her like they used to? Kyung-Mi turned the phone toward her and Joohyun almost fainted. It was the pride picture that was also on Seulgi's wall « Don't you agree? » Kyung-Mi asked, showing no emotion on her face. Hyun-Woo came next to Joohyun and examined the picture.

« Wait! » He exclaimed « No way » His brows shot up as he turned his head toward Joohyun « She was the one who gave you a hickey? Oh shit! » He laughed hysterically and even Kyung-Mi rolled her eyes.

« Woo, please » She grunted. His laughter died down and he looked back at Joohyun with a smirk.

« My sister's a les » He let out in amusement. Joohyun felt the world spin around her. It couldn't be possible. They couldn't have found out. It was a nightmare. It suddenly became hard for her to breathe. She turned around to go to her room but Kyung-Mi was in the way.

« So are you going to tell us the truth now, Joohyun? » She asked, still as calm as she was before.

« Fuck off » Joohyun tried to pass by her but Kyung-Mi stepped in her way again « Get the fuck away » Joohyun yelled out of her mind, surprising her siblings and even herself if she was being honest. But her mind was too busy freaking out to produce a coherent thought. She rushed inside her room and locked the door.