Chapter 16

A/N: I'm back! Sorry for being late ( but when am I not, let's be real. ) After going back from the Easter break I was in full concert mood, then the concert happened and holy shit I still have so many feelings even after a week. Met the best people <3 And embarassed myself a lot.

What can I say? I've been in a very shitty mood, so I'm not really happy about this update, but if I don't have it out I will end up deleting it again, and I'm about to scream. Thanks to Eve as always for not killing me every time I complain.

Bit of a time jump, are we surprised? Enjoy.

****

Another day, another city, another hotel room.

Kirstie looked out of her window, enjoying the view of Chicago at night with the moonlight shining down on buildings and people, giving a feeling of peace to the whole city. She felt tired, as if the concert had sucked all of her energy. That was why she was seated in front of the glass frame with a cup of hot tea in her hand instead of being out and partying with her friends.

Scott had tried to convince her that it would cheer her up to be out and enjoying the city life, but to be honest she thought that it was just because he wanted to be around as many people as possible. Which was weird since Alex had come for the shows. If Jeremy had been there, she probably wouldn't have shared him with anybody else.

She lost herself in her dreamworld and thought about the gorgeous man and the puppy waiting for her at home. She counted down the days until they could be together again, even for just a week, which would be a well deserved break between the American and the European tours. Just the thought of being reunited with her little family made her smile widely, her heart fluttering in her chest.

A loud knock on her door interrupted her daydreaming, making her jump in the seat. She cursed as the hot tea spilled on her lap, and the sudden action almost made her knock the laptop over. She stood, trying to fix the mess before the drink fell on the carpet, knowing that Esther would give her hell if she caused any damage on the expensive hotel floor.

Another knock echoed in the room, soon followed by another one, making it clear that the person waiting outside was impatient to talk to her. "It better be important," she muttered to herself as she walked towards the door, wiping her wet hands on her pajama pants. "Yeah?" she called, too annoyed to put any effort in being polite to whoever was ruining her alone night.

"Kit? It's me..." a small voice came from the other side of the door, and Kirstie's attitude dropped completely at that. She pursed her lips, forcing herself to not sigh. She passed a hand on her face to wake herself up, knowing that she would need every bit of focus she could muster.

Mitch's face greeted up as she opened the wooden door, a bottle of wine in his hands, dimples showing. She couldn't resist smiling back at that and stepped to the right, silently welcoming him in. He briefly kissed her cheek before going in, taking in the sight of the room before walking straight to what he assumed was her bed.

Kirstie closed the door behind her but didn't move, her eyes glued to Mitch's back. She watched as her friend got confortable on the soft mattress, sighing, almost like he was releasing a breath he had been holding for too long. He took his phone out of his pocket, looking quickly at the screen before tightening his lips, furrowing his brows as he took sight of whatever it was on the device's screen. He seemed distressed and had a look of utter frustration in his brown eyes as he shoved the iPhone back in his pocket.

He clearly didn't think she was observing him, otherwise she was pretty sure he wouldn't have let her see him that way. She bit her lip, forcing herself to avoid asking what was wrong. She knew that Mitch trusted her and considered her his friend, but he wasn't one to open his heart easily, not even to people he had known for years. There was only one person he was always ready to let in -