Change of Plans

Tokoyami looked at Zhuque as his eyes darted between the two. "Is this your friend? He looks quite cute." The phoenix said, making Tokoyami blush. The two straightened themselves up and regained their composure. "Uh, yes, this is Dark Shadow. He's part of my quirk. Please ignore any rude remarks out of him." Tokoyami said closing his eyes in annoyance. Dark Shadow extended his body and stopped in front of the phoenix. He reached out his clawed shadow hands and gently grabbed Zhuque's left feathered hand. He raised it up towards his beak and gently kissed the top of it. "Yes, I am Tokoyami's friend. Just a very good friend. And you are quite the beautiful sight I must say. Your feathers are quite soft, and oh so pretty~." Dark Shadow said with a small flirty smile. Tokoyami jumped in shock. What was he doing?! "My my, such a nice shadow. I give you my gratitude for those kind words. I hope we can explore each other's interests in the future." Zhuque said with a bigger smile now. Dark Shadow raised his head and nuzzled the phoenix's neck. Zhuque wrapped his feathery arms around the shadow and nuzzled back.

Tokoyami gritted his teeth as his blush got darker and turned his face into a mess of strawberry black feathers. Dark Shadow winked at Tokoyami which resulted in the crow pulling him away and forcefully stuffing him back under his cloak, much to the protest of Dark Shadow himself. Zhuque lowered his arms and looked at Tokoyami. "I am very sorry for his behaviour, he tends to not respect people's boundaries." Tokoyami growled. Zhuque chuckled. "Oh it's fine, I quite enjoyed the interaction. He was quite soft for a shadow. Especially considering he looks a bit sharp and pointy. And the kissing of my hand was quite nice as well. If he were to be a bit less physical he may be able to enter my home." Zhuque rambled, putting a feather up to his beak.

Tokoyami was taken aback, since when does Dark Shadow have manners?! What happened just now was the complete opposite of his normal behavior. "I'm glad he didn't offend you. The last thing anyone needs is false accusations going around the school." Tokoyami said, sighing quietly. Zhuque shook his head, "No offense was recieved, Dark Shadow is just really cuddly. And Tokoyami, what is your opinion on my costume?" Zhuque asked putting his hands to his sides, giving a clear view of his entire costume. Tokoyami calmed down and retrained his gaze on Zhuque. The phoenix was wearing black Tai Chi Shoes custom fitted for his talons with the body of the shoe extending up to his knees covered in metal shin armor in a diamond pattern. A cloth covered his shoes. The miniskirt pants design with his uniform was consistent with his outfit, making a return in Zhuque's costume, a red and purple balloon flower pattern embroidered into the surface of the fabric. Above that was a hanfu shirt with flared flowing sleeves, tucked into his pants and tied in place by a black ribbon belt, with the knot at his right hip. The hanfu shirt had a more present balloon pattern being printed on the fabric as opposed to embroidered, and fingerless forearm gloves covered in metal plates, also in a diamond pattern were obscured by the flared sleeves.

Zhuque looked at him expectantly, tilting his head in curiosity. "It's beautiful. Fashion and practicality combined to form a masterpiece befitting the wearer. Your design is next to perfect." Tokoyami said, trying to push the earlier Dark Shadow moment out of his mind. Zhuque's face lit up. "Thank you Tokoyami, that's exactly what I was going for. I can't wait to update it in the future." Zhuque said taking Tokoyami's feathery hands in his own and jumping up and down. Tokoyami hesitated, shocked by the sudden change in mannerisms. Zhuque stopped jumping, realizing what he'd done.

He backed away, letting go of Tokoyami's hands, resuming his formal posture and clearing his throat. "Apologies. Shall we proceed to the training grounds? Ground Beta if I remember correctly?" The phoenix asked, small blush appearing on his face. Only visible from the red purple gradient his feathers had. Tokoyami nodded. "Uh, yes. Everyone will be waiting for us so we should hurry." He said turning towards the door and walking to it. "Of course." Zhuque said walking after him. As they walked out into the hall, Dark Shadow appeared as a tiny version of himself next to Tokoyami's non-existent ear. "🎵You really like him. You really like him🎵." He teased in his sing song voice from earlier. "Enough, Dark Shadow. You've misbehaved quite enough today." Tokoyami said, nearly fed up with his companion.