A Hero's Limit

"Ngh, who...?" Zhuque asked as he slowly got up from his position on the ground. His blurry vision making him see nothing but blobs of color, slowly came back into focus, the details and features realizing themselves before him. There in front of him, stood the man that attacked him and Tokoyami at the training grounds a few weeks earlier. He was holding up a slightly clenched palm, a ball of blue fire reasting in the air above it. "Long time no see little birdie." He said before he outstretched his arm and another blast of fire came at them. Zhuque gritted his teeth and the his flag spears shot out from void rifts in the air. They embedded themselves in the ground and just like before, the fire suddenly shot in different directions away from them. Another rift appeared and some gauze shot out of it. Zhuque grabbed it and wrapped it around his beak after inhaling a large amount of air. He ran over to Midnight and shook her. "Ms. Midnight! Our current situation demands that we must retreat! We have to--!" "Leaving so soon?" The man said as he jumped out from behind the flag wall and released another blast of a fire. Another rift appeared and another flag embedded itself into the ground behind Zhuque.

The blast split into two directions, making the forest fire even worse than it already was. "Nnh, what happened? Zhuque?" Midnight asked as she looked up at the phoenix protecting her from first degree burns. "We are under attack! We require your assistance--!" "Up here!" Another shout and a blast of blue fire. Suddenly, a whip shot up and knocked the man to the ground, semi burying him in the ground and covering him in rubble. "Get back to the rest of the class! I'll handle pound shop Two-Face!" Midnight said as she stood up and cracked her whip against the ground. "All due respect Ms. Midnight, but I refuse to allow a duel to take place between the two of you. I still owe him for the first time he instigated an altercation against Tokoyami and I." Zhuque said determinedly as the flag dpears flew to him, four of them attaching to his back and one sliding into his feathered hands. Midnight smirked, "Very well then. Try to keep up." She said, returning her attention back to the man.

"Grrah!" Out of nowhere, a man shot out from the woods behind them and took a shot out at Zhuque. "Agh!" The phoenix exclaimed as the strike landed with a surprising amount of force. The bird went flying, tumbled across the ground, and crashed against a tree by his back. His back crashed against the tree with such force that the highly resistant flag spears on his back shattered into dozens of splinters, the flags themselves nothing more than famcy embroidered cloths now. Zhuque fell to the ground on his front and struggled to get up. In the next instant a blast of fire came his way. He raised his head and held up his remaining flag to his chest. The fire dispersrd into different directions yet again, but this time the fire was continuous. The fire was so strong he backed up against the tree, scrambling to keep his balance. "Zhuque!" Midnight called before barely dodging out of the way of a second strike from the other arrival on the scene. He was covered in muscles and his right arm looked like it had been wrapped in skinless muscle tissue. "I'm looking for a guy named Bakugo. Do you happen to know where he is?" He asked.

Midnight raised a brow, "What do you want with him?" She asked swinging her whip at him. His left arm suddenly took the appearance of his right. He easily slapped the whip away and and stood there. "So I guess that means you don't know where he is? Looks like you don't have what I want. Grrah!" He said before shouting and directing a strike at Zhuque. A shockwave shook the ground and the impact shattered the remaining flag spear that the phoenix was holding. The fire burning in his direction finally made contact. "Gaaaah!!" Zhuque screamed in pain as fire began burning his upper body and both his arms. "Zhuque!" Midnight called before another shockwave knocked her to the ground. "That's all you're getting from me Dabi. You can deal with this yourself." The muscled man said as he suddenly leapt into the air and disappeared into a random part of the forest. Midnight growled as she scrambled to her feet. She shot out her whip at Dabi and it wrapped around his waist. "Nnnh!!" She grunted and turned her body, swinging the man away from the phoenix. Midnight sent him flying into a tree and somehown splashed apart into muddy brown water.