Chapter 16

sam pov

"how about saturday?" selena said.

i smiled, "are you serious?" 

she nodded, "i want you to be my wife sam. i really do. and i want to do it as soon as possible."

i chuckled and nodded, "okay. i'll set it up then babe." i kissed the top of our head.

"saturday it is." i said and smiled.

she smiled and leaned up to kiss me, "i love you."

i smiled and kissed her again, "i love you too princess."

she sighed and wrapped her legs around mine and her arm draped over my stomach.

"i could hear the gears in your head turning. what's on your mind?" i said as i stroked her hair.

she sighed, "our situation. we're all happy now but one day you'll have to go back to that horrible place and i'll be the wife waiting for the girl she loves to come home and one day what if you don't and i am left all alo-"

"sel. stop okay? just relax."

she sighed and leaned back into me, "it could happen."

"but it won't. i told you once and i'll tell you again. i'm not going anywhere. no matter what. i'll always come home to you."

she sniffled.

"but what if you don't?" she whispered.

i sighed and rubbed her arm, "then. you will move on and find someone who makes you happy and-"

"but nobody else makes me happy sam!" she cried.

"you make me happy! you can't expect me to find someone else because nobody is you!" she cried as she sat up.

"you can and you will sel. you will find a guy or a girl who makes you happy and keeps you safe! and will treat you as the princess you are. somebody out there will be right for you if i am gone."

she shook her head and stood up, "god i can't believe you are even saying this." she scoofed, "selena. come on! don't be mad." i said and chuckled.

"DON'T BE MAD?! HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO BE FINE WITH THIS?! YOU EXPECT ME TO BE WITH SOMEONE IF YOU DIE?! WHO SAYS THAT?!"

i sighed, "sel. i was just saying. if something happens then i want you to move on and find someone."

she looked at me and screamed, "UGH! damnit sam! you just don't get it do you?!"

i scrunched my eyebrows.

she started crying.

i stood up, "i don't want to be with anyone else! sam i only want you! i don't want to meet someone who is like you because it's impossible! there is nobody else like you in the world! why can't you see that? i can't move on from you sam! and you saying that?" she scoffed.

"do you even care?"

i  grabbed her hands, "sel. of course i care. i love you so much. god i can't even describe how much i love you."

"then why are you saying this?" she whispered.

"because selena! if i die and i don't come back i want to know that my wife will be okay! i want you to be happy! i don't want you to be miserable!" i raised my voice a little.

selena's face was heated, "THAT'S NOT YOUR FUCKING CHOICE TO MAKE SAM! IF YOU DIE THERE IS NO MORE HAPPINESS FOR ME! I WILL NEVER BE THE SAME! I WILL NEVER BE HAPPY IF YOU ARE NOT RIGHT HERE STANDING NEXT TO ME!"