Chapter 60

Sam pov

I walked onto the stage with selena and everyone cheered.

I smiled and waved.

Selena went up to the mic and said, "with out music our life would be dull. Music has been around for god knows how long. And collaborations make it even better."

I took the mic, "hey uh selena. I'm sam."

Selena turned to me, "hi. I'm selena."

"Yeah i know. You know you look very pretty tonight. Maybe we could go out sometime."

Everyone screamed and cheered.

Selena chuckled, "maybe...but i only date people who can sing."

Everyone laughed and i nodded, "okay okay. How about this..."

I cracked my neck, "woahhhh yeahh yeah yeah." i belted it out and everyone cheered and whistled.

selena shrugged, "i also like dancers."

i smirked, "oh honey. you are looking at the queen of dancing." i pointed to the dj and he played the opening sound to what about love.

i did my dance and everyone screamed and cheered.

selena nodded, "impressive. but they don't want to see that. they want to know the winner or the best collaboration." selena said.

"ah. right." i said, "and the best collaboration is..."

i opened the envelope and gasped, "taylor swift and ed sheeran, everything has changed!" i shouted and everyone cheered.

mom and ed walked up and i smiled.

"congrats." i said and they were handed the award.

ed smiled, "ello everyone. this is amazing. thank you so much. we love you guys." mom smiled, "wow ed. you got pretty deep there!"

ed shrugged and everyone laughed.

"we want to thank the label for this, our producers, my daughter and family. our friends. ed's family. and the fans. god the fans! we couldn't have done this without you guys! thank you so much! the video for this was definitely fun with the kids and we love you! thank you so so much!" i smiled and kissed mom's cheek as we walked backstage.

taylor pov

"and now. one of the top artists in the world. taking over the runway, the ocean, skate parks, the battlefield, your tv screens and the stage. give it up for sam swift and a new song called a thousand years."

i smiled as a light showed sam at a big black grand piano.

she started playing it and as she did, pictures of her and selena popped up on the large screens.

everyone awed and selena blushed deeply.

selena pov

oh my god.

i can't believe she is doing this.

pictures of us from even when before we were together showed up.

"Heart beats fast

Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

sam closed her eyes and sang this beautiful and heart-felt song.

One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more