Chapter 62

taylor pov

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SAM?!" i screamed.

she looked at me in shock, "mom? what are you doing here?"

"we came to take the kids home. what do you think you are doing?" i said as i took the weed out of her hand.

"living my life mom. i don't want you getting in the way so if you don't mind." she took it back and put it in her mouth.

i glared at her, "i'm getting in the way? god sam! i told you this would happen! she is changing you sam! can't you see that?" i asked, pointing at a very drunk terry.

"all i see is a very irritating mother trying to tell me who to trust when i should really be looking at you."

"what?" i said, suddenly hurt.

"oh come on mom. you have two kids made from swift/fitzgerald blood. i am not a swift. i am a davis by blood. they are small and not like me. you want the shiny penny. not the rusted, chipped one." she responded.

i looked at selena in disbelief.

"sam i told you i love you okay? you mean everything to me. i'm just trying to help you! please!"

"you are trying to turn me against my birth mother mom." she said and gave me an annoyed look.

"i'm protecting you! she is trying to bring back your old habits!"

sam fumed and stood up, "NO MOM! SHE IS LETTING ME LIVE MY LIFE AND NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO WHAT YOU PEOPLE TELL ME TO. I AM BEING MY TRUE SELF SO GET USED TO IT!" she screamed in my face.

tears filled my eyes as she did so.

"sam taylor is just trying to help-"

"please. just leave. both of you." sam muttered and took a sip of alcohol.

i did't move.

she scoffed, "fine. i'll go." she left the room, chugging the alcohol.

i closed my eyes as the tears streamed down.

"i'll talk to her." selena said and left the room.

i looked at terry and she smirked at me.

"sam may be falling for your shit but i know who you truly are terry. you haven't changed and i know it. you will rot in hell for what you have done and sam will see it."

she chuckled, "maybe. but will sam be able to hear it from you or will you be dead already?"

i gulped, "i'm not afraid of you bitch." i said boldly.

she snickered, "maybe not. but you will be when you take a gasp of air while my hands are wrapped tight around your neck, terrified that your next breath will be your last...then  you'll be scared. i am sam's real mother not you."

"yeah. real psycho."

she shot her hand around my neck and i gasped, trying to grasp her arma nd get her off.

"don't mock me." she spit and pulled her hand away, letting me drop to the ground, gasping for oxygen.

"preview of upcoming events." she said and walked out of the room.

i rubbed my neck and stood up.

selena pov

"sam?can we talk please?" i asked sam, who was on the bed.

"why? coming to yell at me like my mom did?"

i sighed and sat down next to her, even though she wouldn't look at me.