Chapter five: Shopping spree

Naomi wore a soft pastel sweater with a sleeveless white button up and beige skirt with bunnies running on it. Today was the day, she was taking shiemi and rin on a shopping spree. Shiemi was in a green and pink flowery kimono. Naomi looks at her phone ready to text when she hears him before she sees him. Rin stood there in a soft blue hoodie, white jacket on top with dark jeans and red shoes. His smile was bright and Naomi felt her own smile.

"There you are!" Naomi huffs and raises her arm to gently pinch his cheek. "You're late!"

"Sorry!" Rin says waving his hands showing off fingerless gloves. She rolls her eyes and steps away from him taking in his appearance.

"Huh," she says and Rin looks confused. He cleans up well. She flushes and immediately turns away. "L...let's get going…"

Naomi was used to turning heads. She had just got her hair freshly braided, pink braids swaying with her walk. She felt Rin's eyes on her as he watched her brands like a cat to a toy. She had put her hair up in two ponytails. "Something on my face?" She asks.

"I...I like your hair," he says and she raises a braid and reaches out to feel.

"Can i?" Shiemi asks and Naomi snorts and does the same thing. Rin looks practically like a child in a candy shop. By the time both had stop he's looking at her in a new perspective.

"That's so cool, can I get that?" Rin asks.

"Unfortunately it's only made for extremely curly or coily hair," Naomi answers without a beat as they walk. "It would make your hair fall out." Rin looks scared after hearing that and touching his hair protectively.

"What's it for?" Shiemi asks.

"Protection, protects my hair and encourages growth, kinda a pain to get though!" Naomi says ending with a sigh. Stiff neck isn't a joke.

They finally make it to the store and Naomi is holding close up to shiemi who looks nervous. "What do you think Rin?" She held up a cute yellow hoodie with a teddy bear. Rin blinks.

"Uhh-"

"You're right, she's already a blonde, white it is then," Naomi says. Shiemi and Rin can only watch as she takes charge. Rin eventually moves away to roam while Naomi has Shiemi try on clothes. He picks up blue sun glasses shaped like flames and there's not a thought behind his eyes but want. "I'll buy it for you," Naomi says and he jumps feeling her leans on him as he swiftly turns around. She falls forward and he catches her. He's trapped between her and the merchandise as his head tilts to meet her gaze. Lips almost brushing.

He knows his hands are on her hips, this is dangerous territory. This is inappropriate and both are frozen in shock. Her hands rest on his chest and she feels his beating heart.His mouth opens but nothing really comes out. "S...sorry," she whispers and backs up. The warmth is gone and rin misses it immediately. She hesitantly takes the glasses and avoids his gaze. Naomi quickly pays for the items and Shiemi stands oblivious to the interaction. Rin’s face is pink and Naomi looks sulky. Naomi hates this feeling and bursts.

"Now let's get some food!" Naomi shouts, pumping her arms out. She grabs both their hands and leads them somewhere— anywhere. They end up at a noodle shop for this trip and food seems to have temporarily distracted them. Rin practically stuffs his face compared to his two girl companions who eat like they have manners. Shiemi pitches in money despite Naomi's protest, she wants to pamper them!!

They continue onward. Rin ends up holding a lot of the bags but if he hates it he doesn’t show it. It's when they stop for sweets after window shopping, does Rin whines. "I need a bathroom," he groans.

"Be quick, ok?" Naomi says. "I need to get back to studying." Rin nods and races off to the nearest public bathroom. Naomi gently places the bags down and ends up sky gazing.

"Well well, what have we got here?" Naomi looks to see some ruffian looking at her and shiemi like a meal. Naomi frowns and squares her shoulders as Shiemi  shuffles closer to her. "You're a foreigner yeah? Ever been with asian?"

"You look like you got one foot in the grave, no thanks," Naomi bluntly says. The guy's smile grows tight and Naomi immediately feels a fight is gonna happen.

"How rude, how do you expect to get a boyfriend?" The guy is scruffy looking, his clothes are much to mention from a dark dusty hoodie and his hands hidden in his pocket. He takes a step forward. Naomi refuses to back up.

"I do actually, he'll be here soon," Naomi says. She's scared, could she use her powers in this situation? No…

"That's what all you girls say," he snaps and lunges. On that moment Naomi felt it just like that day of class, a spike in power. Rin appears and shoves his foot in the guy's side as he stands with a menacing glare at the guy.

"Ain't anybody tell you what consent is?" Rin says. A hand hooks around her shoulder as he leans down but his gaze never leaves the guy he stumbles up, clutching his side.

"She's taken," he grounds out and without another word they kiss. Naomi didn't plan this, but his lips are soft and his scent is welcoming. It's like a haze when she grabs his hoodie and he cradles her head. Then it's over the moment lips part and he's turning back to the guy who flinches. "And don't even think about touching my friend either, she's not interested." The guy grumbles but stomps away.

Rin watches him leave before his gaze, hesitantly falls on Naomi his skin has a visible red undertone and looks like steam is leaving every pore. "Shit! Hey d...don't faint!" He says, holding her. He cups her face and she wiggles away hiding her face, mumbling.

"Huh?" he asks. Leaning in closer. Shiemi comes close to try and help just as she reveals her face. Embarrassment and uncertainty in her wet eyes.

"That was my first!" Naomi squeaks. Rin’s face was on fire. Oh yeah, he just kissed her…. OH NO.

"I— i.." Rin doesn’t know what to say. "I kinda acted on instinct after hearing wh...what you said… shit that was mine too!" Rin covers his mouth and Naomi buries her head in her knees.

"Lets..Let's… go home," shiemi says, nervous and flushed. Witnessing such actions.

"We can forget that happened!" Rin said.

"Yeah…" Naomi wheezed out.

Naomi did not sleep well that night. The warmth of his lips, his lavender and moss scent, the kitchen sleepover… the kitchen sleepover!!! Naomi groans into her pillow.