Prologue

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy." -Unknown

*****

This day, or rather this month of my whole life is kind-of unlucky for me.

Reasons? 1. Right after homecoming, I came home and saw my dad all drunk into the floor of our living room when my mom showed up, crying. 2. I ask why my mom's crying; (mainly because dad drinks a lot) 3. She said that dad died because of drug overdose. 4. I cried too.

That's what I hate about adults. They waste they're precious life just for drugs.

And now, after weeks when dad's cremated, I usually go and visit him and bring him he's favorite food, lasagna. He usually likes lasagna when mom's cooking it; and I also got my favorite. Me and my dad likes it the best when it's sprinkled with cheese.

"Hey dad." I said.

"How's life up there? Is it good? I hope your not drinking or doing drugs anymore." I said when suddenly, the wind blows up hard like it's slapping into your face.

"Very funny, dad." I chuckled.

"Look what I've got here. Your favorite. TA-DA! Lasagna, baby." And I opened the food keeper.

"I miss the old times, dad. You and me, mom and Ronald, even though he's in Cambridge, studying some unidentified stuffs. I wish you were here, eating lasagna with me, but I guess I'll just accept that you are not around anymore." I said with a low-toned voice.

All of a sudden, I am crying. I am crying with a slice of lasagna in my mouth. And this time, I can't control it. I know it's just normal to cry when your loved one is gone, but I can't believe that your loved one is gone with just a blink of an eye. It's like I can't accept reality; that the world is cruel, and nothing is forever. Not you, not even me.

I guess that I should move on. The world doesn't stop for anyone; even me.