Chapter 4

"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pour through and shine down on us to let us know they are happy." -SS

*****

Then, I knocked through the door. After my encounter with Zach, I realized that this was my first (and ever again) encounter with another boy. Well, it's been a summer since I go out and do whatever I want, but neither less it was pretty bizarre having aunt Jess around; cleaning and helping her in chores, grocery and finally, having my own beauty time, which of course failed.

"Come in!" A voice said. I cleared my throat.

"Good morning." I said a reply.

"Good morning young lady. Please, take a seat." I grab the nearest chair that I can get to. 

"So, you must be Ashley Coleman." She said, while looking through my applications. With a response, I nodded.

"Well, I am Dakota Washington, your principal in New Town High School. And I should say, welcome!" Dakota said with a rushed tone.

"I must suspect that you left your old school due to what, if I may ask?"

"Oh, I-um, my father died. And my mom because somewhat insane, I should say. But she's pretty okay now, because of the doctors, of course. Now I live with my aunt here, I stayed."

"I am sorry for you lo-"

"No, It's okay. I really do. I know that father is so eager to live early, that's all." I quickly snap at her. I cannot stand this anymore. Not again.

"Very well. Okay, it seems your grades here are higher from what I expected from you, I think. I hope that you can perform well in this school just like you did in your old one. Did someone escorted you here?"

"Oh, yes. He's Zach...? I don't really know he's last name, though. I didn't ask him." I said with a slight sad tone.

"Zach? The incoming junior too? Zach Shaw?"

"Well, he pretty said he was an incoming junior too. So I suspect that's him." I said.

"He's kind of a bad boy to me. When I roam sometimes at the school area, I could see he's always in detention." Dakota said with a frustrated tone.

"That's what I thought." I muttered.

"Excuse me?" Dakota asked.

"Oh, I just coughed."

"Very well, welcome again to New Town High School. School starts on September first. There will be a letter for you being mailed onto your house. And I, personally will escort you to give you a tour of the school." Dakota said.

"Really? Wow, okay. That sounds cool. Thank you, by the way." I said, then bowed to her, and headed to the door.

"Wait!" She said.

"Wha-"

"You forgot your papers." She said.

"Oh, I am so sorry. Thank you again, Miss."

"Just call me Dakota. For you only." Then, she winked at me. 

"Hmm, okay." And I opened the door.

"Hi."

"Hah! God you scared me." Was he still here?!

"Well, glad that I scared you." Zach said, he's voice is so attempting. 

"Excuse you? I was kinda in the middle of-"

"Will you mind go out with me?" He said with a sarcastic tone.

What?! No. No way. Even you're hot and beautiful, still no. 

"Let me think.....Hmm......No." I responded. 

"Why? You're the only girl who said that to me." He sounded frustrated.

"Well, guess what, I don't care. Will you excuse me." Then, headed back to the car.

What the hell did he want?! We've only met for a couple of minutes then he ask me if I want to go out with him?! School did not even started yet?! Dakota was right. He is a bad boy to me. I hope he stays away.

"Hey, wait!" Zach said, hurrying to get close to me. 

Do not turn around, Ash. Or you will be dead.