Chapter 3

"She was a shooting star; 

her smile so bright and rare,

that by the time that you had blinked,

there was no sign it had been there." -Erin Hanson

*****

Okay. Today's the day. I hope. 

Today, after I've gone to the hospital early-very early in the morning, I am very much aware that I needed sleep because today, I am going to my new school, New Town High School to register before school starts at fall. 

"Ash! You better come down or you'll be late for the registry!" aunt Jessie yelled. 

"Uhm, ye-yes aunt Jess, I'll be down in a minute!" I answered back.

What time is it? All I know is that I've gone to the hospital 4 am in the morning and and.....

7:30 am. 

Oh no. I'll be late. The registry starts at 8:00. 

Good thing I was awake by the time aunt Jess called my name, but I never would have thought that it would be that late. Okay, okay. Calm down. I need to get my papers ready first. Next I'm just going to take a good-no fast bath. 

After everything else, I quickly run down the staircase with my hair being wet and all. I'm wearing a crop top shirt with a 'Nirvana' print, a faded pants and a white snickers. I've even got a heart necklace swirling on my neck that my mom gave it to me. I always wear that necklace because to me it is special, and for me it symbolizes like a good luck charm. 

"Morning aunt Jess! Is uncle Lucas went for work already?" I said, going to the kitchen.

"Yes, darling. Wait-why is your hair that wet?" she asked while drinking her tea.

Think a good excuse, Ash. "Well, uh I didn't set my alarm right. Good thing you shouted earlier."

"Right. So, aren't you excited today?" she asked suddenly.

Am I excited? That is a question needed to be answered for a long time. As an answer, I said in between eating; "Well, of course; after all the incidents happened this past few months." 

"Uhm, aunt Jess, I know that I'm already late, may I please borrow your car? I'll take care of it I promise."

"Suit yourself darling. You now where I put the keys."

"Thank you so much, aunt Jess!" I said, after drinking my milk and hurriedly walk to the door.

"Pleasure's all mine, now don't be late and have fun!"

"I will!" I said.

I start up my car and ready to hit the road. 7:43. Hmm, not bad. I finally settled done and quickly turned on my iPod and hit the playlist of Fall Out Boy. One of my favorite bands.