Chapter 3

"Did it hurt?"

"No, it did not hurt when I fell from heaven! Now, shut up."

"Do you like raisins? How do you feel about a date?"

"Hey, my name's Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?"

This is how it has been since past hour.

Me trying to tutor him and he using his stupid pick up lines to annoy me.

"If you say one more cheesy pick up line, I'm going to gut you in your intestines and feed them to a street dog." I gave him my most serious or 'intimidating' look.

Surprisingly, after that he solely let me explain him the concepts and make him understand them. One more think I noticed was that Heath was kind of already good at most of the subjects.

"Heath?"

"Hmm?" He hummed while writing a solution for a maths equation.

"How are your marks not good? You're almost good at most of these subjects so why do you need tutoring?" I frowned at him when he finally looked up from the textbook.

He took a deep breath and said, "What can I say? I'm a quick learner, Princess."

And me being oblivious enough didn't question further much. Oh, how I wish now I should have noticed the signs.

After approximately thirty minutes we decided to sign off for the day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I reached home, I threw my bag on the couch in living room and went to kitchen. Having two cups of coffee made me a bit hyper active but it was the only way to survive Heath's innuendos.

I saw mom near the stove trying to cook something and went towards her.

"Hey mom." I kissed her cheek then opened to door of fridge to find something to eat.

"Hey sweetie, which schoolwork did you do?"

I found a half sandwich and took it out.

"I just have to tutor a student for rest of the semester. It's nothing." I said before taking a huge bite from the sandwich.

"Okay. Also, your dad told me to tell you that there's going to be a charity gala of one of his friends and he has invited us. We all have to go."

My dad worked in a law firm and was very particular about his work. Nowadays, he's started to work overtime a lot so I rarely see him. I can see the sadness in mom's eyes due to this but she pretends to be fine.

I took my time to finish the bite and then asked her, "When is the gala?"

She grimaced a bit then replied, "Wednesday."

Today was Monday, so the gala would be day after tomorrow.

"Mom! Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Trust me honey, your dad told me last night only."

I sighed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, I called Victoria to ask if she would go to shopping the next day since I had absolutely nothing to wear.

After calling her thrice, she finally picked up.

The annoyance was visible in her tone when she said, "What is it?"

"Woah! Who made you mad?"

She sighed and said in a softer tone, "Nothing. So what is it you were calling me for?"

"I was calling to ask if you want to go for shopping tomorrow after school."

I heard some noise on her end as if someone was talking but it wasn't audible much.

"Yeah, sure." Then she quickly added before I could ask something, "Listen, I have to go. See you tomorrow."

Without another word, she hung up.

"Why is she acting so weird these days?" I muttered to myself.

I decided to ask her tomorrow about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is anyone even reading this lmao?! Also this was short so forgive me.