Chapter 22

a/n: i wont even bother writing something here 😪

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I silently stood up when all my tears dried up and I had none left to shed anymore. All the arguments came to an end when I silently walked towards Heath, my chin held up high and a mask of coldness took over my face.

I didn't care that everyone were still present there. I just asked him one question that had been bugging me all night.

"Was any of it real or was it all a lie?"

He pressed his lips in a thin line and contemplated how to answer the question.

"The starting was a lie. I made myself fail a few exams so that I would gradually get a tutor. It made things easier when the principal's first option was you o-or I would've specially requested for you.

"But you won't let me in and disliked me so much that I had thought for a second to drop the plan. And then you asked for a truce and I was back on the track."

I didn't know that I had more tears left to shed and didn't bother wiping them away.

"Then we started getting along. I asked you to help me in pranking Keiran because he first disagreed with my plan and it led to an argument. It was a win-win situation. He understood after that to not go against me because he was my best friend and you were there to help me with the prank and we'd spend some time together."

I remained silent and he took a ragged breath to continue.

"Then we started spending some more time together and you eventually fell for me, just like I planned. Until our first date, did I realize what I was really doing. But still, whenever I thought to not do what I had decided, I made myself remember how hurt I was and what they did to me."

So the whole 'date' was a lie too huh? Guess people really didn't like me.

His eyes finally met mine, "Until now. I knew I was falling for you too but I remained in denial. And now that I'm explaining all this, I'm realizing how stupid I was. But please Princess, you need to believe me I am deeply sorry and-"

I raised me hand at him and spoke, "Spare me your bullshit and lies," and turned towards others.

"I don't even have any words to express how horrible you people are. Yes Ayden, what happened with you was really bad and you didn't deserve it but you never told me the truth even though you knew how much hurt I would feel. And it really does feel awful. But instead you gave me a stupid riddle and left me by myself."

I was panting and sobbing at the same time but I didn't stop. They ought to know what they did was appalling and they ought to feel guilty.

I turned towards Gianna and Victoria, the former having the decency to at least look ashamed.

"I normally hate cussing someone but you two deserve to know how much of a bitch you two are."

And I finally turned towards Heath.

"And you."

I started clapping slowly and don't you fucking think that I was being dramatic because you have no fucking idea how much it hurt.

"What a mind blowing performance! You honestly should pursue being an actor. Might as well put those acting skills to use and win an Oscar someday."

He slowly shook his head, "Holly-"

But I stood in front of him in two strides, my eyes seething, "I trusted you, I fell for you. Hell, I fucking loved you, and still do! But all you did was pretend and break my heart in the end. You've ruined me, and not metaphorically, but in every sense of that word. I hope you never forget what you did to a completely happy soul who had no relation with your problems but still suffered. And all because of you and your little revenge."

I slowly started backing away from him. My voice was barely more than an octave when I said, "I never want to see you again."

I was boiling with rage, anger, hurt and betrayal when I went downstairs and out of the mansion in a few seconds. Heath followed me, of course he fucking followed me. Murmuring apologies and begging me to listen to him but I was done with his games.

I ignored him and started my car while he still knocked on my window, spitting out lies.

"I love you, please."

He was on the verge of tears and I spoke to myself, "It's too late for that,"

Without another word, I pressed the accelerator and left him standing there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i cried again while writing this chapter 😭😭 she deserves so much better.

VOTE, COMMENT & FOLLOW!