Intro to CGL

What is CG/L?

CG/L or Caregiver/little is a subset of BDSM. It shares similar qualities though it is often consider a softer lifestyle. There is still a Dominate role, called the Caregiver, and a submissive role, called the little. A Caregiver is a Dominate who takes on a more parental type role to their submissive. Often guiding them, protecting them, and encouraging them to be their best self. The little is a submissive who has childlike tendencies. This can be achieved through age-regression or it may simply be their natural personality. CG/L is always between two consenting adults and is not related to incest or pedophilia. CG/L is also slightly different than the BDSM activity of ageplay. Ageplay is typically only done in the bedroom and is considered role-playing. Littles tend to be little outside of the bedroom and they tend to slip into "littlespace" as a form of stress relief. CG/L is often considered non-sexual, however there are littles who are ok with adult activities while in littlespace. It is important to note that CG/L and BDSM are not mutually exclusive. A person may be a community member of one or both.

Common Roles in CG/L – Note that this does not cover every role you may find in CG/L.

Dominate Roles

Caregiver – the gender neutral term for the Dominate in a CG/L dynamic. Often sets rules, which may be rewarded when obeyed or punished when disobeyed. They strive to help their little succeed at life and give them a safe space to be little when needed.

Daddy – The male title for a Caregiver. Some may also go by Papa, Dada, or anything other term for Daddy. Dad or Father is typically reserved for the little's actual parent however.

Mommy – The female title for a Caregiver. May also go by Mama, Ma, or Mum. Mom or Mother is typically reserved for the little's actual parent.

Big – Anyone who fills the role of a Caregiver to a little. These are usually more casual dynamics but can be the same as an in-depth dynamic between a Caregiver and a little. Depending on their relationship to the little, the may take on other relative-type names such as Uncle or Aunt.

Babysitter – These are Dominates who act the role of a Caregiver but are usually just friends with the little, as opposed to being in a relationship with them. They tend to have fewer rules, punishments, and rewards however, this dynamic can fluctuate and is determined by what the little and Babysitter agree upon. Babysitters may also be hired if the little is not looking for a permanent dynamic.

Submissive Roles – The CG/L submissive roles are defined by the age that the little regresses to. A submissive may have a set age they regress to, may have an age range, or may have multiple ages that they bounce between.

Baby – Ages 0-1. They may enjoy things such as wearing diapers, drinking from a bottle, using a pacifier, cribs, and speaking in "baby-talk".

Toddler – Ages 1-3. May or may not wear diapers, the toddler tends to like things such as sippy cups, stuffed animals, and may use "little-speak".

Little – Ages 3-9. Little is both the overarching term for a submissive in a CG/L dynamic as well as the most common age range. Someone may say they're little but be a different age than what would typically fall into the little range. Littles tend to like things such as pacifiers, stuffed animals, sippy cups, coloring, cartoons, and bedtime stories.

Middle or Teen – Ages 9-18. They tend to be more independent than their little counterparts. They may not require things such as a chore list, for example, but they still require the same love and attention. Middles tend to enjoy activities such as video games, anime, adult coloring books, arts and crafts, and concerts.

Brat – Brat is not an age. It is a type of little who is generally more playful and sometimes mischievous towards their Caregiver. They like to push boundaries and rules to their limit. Because of their playful attitude, they are sometimes thought of as bad littles or submissives. This is not true however. Brats simply require a firmer but loving hand from their Caregiver. Someone who will not bend or be easily swayed into letting them break the rules, and will follow through with proper punishment if needed.

Switches

Just like in BDSM, a person can also have multiple roles in CG/L. They may bounce between the Caregiver role and the little role, depending on mood and environment.

Common Dynamics in CG/L

CG/L can have many different dynamics. Some of the more common ones are DD/lg (Daddy Dom/little girl), DD/lb (Daddy Dom/little boy), MD/lb (Mommy Dom/little boy), and MD/lg (Mommy Dom/little girl). Other common dynamics or roles you might see are AB (adult baby) and DL (diaper lover). Adult babies are exactly what the name implies. They are adults submissives who find joy and comfort in being a very young age. Diaper lovers are those who enjoy wearing adult diapers. Some wear it as a source of comfort, while others relish being "naughty" and dirtying their diaper. Diaper lovers may be submissives or Caregivers. Anyone who enjoys wearing diapers can be a DL.