✘ ┊꒰ icicle ꒱ - feitan

i got this request but i'm only getting to complete it now

i got this request but i'm only getting to complete it now. i apologize! T_T

also slight warning for a few curse-words!
———

'it's too fucking cold to be traveling right now.'

you thought to yourself, a feeling of drowsiness and dread washed over you as you reevaluated your situation. you, were apart of the phantom troupe; the notorious gang of thieves who stole
what they wanted and killed anyone who got in their way.

you were very strong, a valuable alley in many fights. your nen was very unique, allowing you to manipulate water, and if you put in enough power, you could even manipulate other liquids like blood. to say you were strong was an understatement. but, if anyone saw you right now, they wouldn't even feel intimidated.

you were lightly shivering, hugging yourself tightly as you numbly continued to walk through the cold night with feitan, who was perfectly fine. you were both heading towards the big city, sent by chrollo for an upcoming mission.

you were going to rob a huge museum and completely empty it of all the goodies inside. paintings, artifacts, sculptures, everything. however, the museum had high security, and there were already rumors of the phantom troupe attending. so, chrollo sent you and feitan to monitor the museum in a nearby hotel.

you would be fine with this, if it wasn't fucking freezing.

"you know, if it's too cold for you, we could stop and take a break." feitan suddenly spoke, breaking the silence. you sighed, before turning back to face him. "yeah. that would be very appreciated." you nodded as feitan exhaled loudly.

"follow me. we can camp in the abandoned buildings." you agreed rather quickly, following right behind feitan as he walked towards an abandoned apartment complex. you both entered, quickly securing that the place was safe.

you both treaded slowly in silence, the sounds of your footsteps booming through the old building. "alright. it should be somewhat safe. we're only staying for a few hours, we still have a long way to go." feitan said, before quickly sitting and laying back on the chipped walls.

you seated right next to him, slowly moving closer. feitan had always been... strangely warm. during snow-storms, freezing weather, and heavy rain, feitan was always warm. to be fair, it was probably due to his tunic, the thick material was most definitely a personal heater for feitan.

"what are you doing?" feitan asked, opening one eye to look at you as you shifted closer and closer. "what does it look like? you're my only heat source." you said, choosing to ignore the way feitan rolled his eyes.

"i'm not your heat source, don't get closer. i'll knock you out the window if you do." feitan spoke, as a mischievous grin grew on your face. you quickly grabbed onto feitans arm, cuddling into his warmth.

you could feel feitan lightly jump at your freezing touch, goosebumps rising over his porcelain skin. typically, if anyone touched feitan suddenly, he would launch them out the nearest window, but something about your touch made him feel... nice.

"hehe~ i thought you didn't want me to touch you? you're not even trying to push me off.." you teasing laughed, thriving in the warmth that he provided. "i don't care, just don't make me regret this." feitan said, a light hum forced its way out of you.

feitan had never liked physical touch. the thought of arms being wrapped around him, the thought of anyone touching him in general always disgusted him. he always associated any sort of touch as an invitation to battle, but he knew you were only cold.

you weren't hugging him for any other reason. you're just cold and he just so happens to be warm. right? you weren't hugging him because you liked him, right?

"you're like an icicle. how did you get so cold?" feitan retorted in annoyance, breaking his train of thought. you rolled your eyes playfully, staring at feitan with those gorgeous eyes of yours.

"well, walking for hours in the freezing weather can really mess with my temperature. now shut up and get some rest, i know you're tired." you yawned as feitan stared blankly.

he watched as you leaned your head on his shoulder, greedily taking all the warmth right from him. he sighed, placing his head on top of yours, choosing to let this slide.

just this once.

if you wanted to hold him again, you'd have to kiss him to get permission.

———
754 words.
this was requested by Monbonisadog  ~
i hope this is good enough for you! this fic was inspired by the weather, it's been so bad lately.
hehe~ i'm on a streak _(:3」z)_, i'll be most likely posting a border next.

if you notice any typos, feel free to point out!
thank you all for reading.