21

"For fucks sake!" Ni-ki slammed his hand on the table in frustration "Can't you two get along?" Ni-ki was suddenly regretting bringing Gen or letting Jake pay for their date.

"I'm not the problem. You should ask him" Gen sass rolling her eyes at Jake.

"Me?! You're the one who said 'he's uglier in person' like what the fuck? Have some manners!" He argued back.

"Why should I? Do I have to apologize for being honest now?" She smirked a little and Jake rolled his eyes about to speak but the waiter came.

Ni-ki thanked her and the waiter looked confused but ignored it nonetheless.

They ordered but there was a little tension in the room. Jake flirted with the waiter and Sunoo noticed Gen seemed a bit off.

The minute the waiter left Ni-ki spoke up "Wow what was that? Thought you're not that kind of guy?" Ni-ki said feeling genuinely happy that his friend is socializing.

"Well you know, we only live one life right?" Jake smiled.

Sunoo forced out a smile while glancing at Gen who was drinking water from an empty cup.

"Babe" Ni-ki held Sunoo's hand "Are you okay?"

"Yea I guess" Sunoo sighed laying his head on Ni-ki's shoulder.

Their mini argument still hasn't been resolved and Sunoo couldn't get it off his mind. Ni-ki really thought they could ignore it or maybe he should do the same?

Just then Jake's phone got a new message. It was on the table and Sunoo had a full view of the message.

It was from the same contact with an angry emoji.

'did Ni-ki like her? I'm planning their engagement soon'

Sunoo choked on air and stood up. Jake looked at him confused and saw the message on his phone. He started coughing uncontrollably.

Both Gen and Ni-ki looked confused trying to calm down the both. Sunoo, however, grabbed Jake's phone from the table.

"Engagement?" Sunoo looked over to Ni-ki "You're getting engaged?" Ni-ki panicked and looked at the message.

His dad.

A sting of tears started forming in Ni-ki's eyes remembering everything his father did and made him do.

"Jake, you know my father?" Ni-ki asked with nothing but hurt and betrayal in his eyes.

"Look, it wasn't my intention to. I didn't know he wanted y'all fricking married" Jake tried defending himself but he knew it was no use.

"Your client. That girl is the one my dad set you up with to talk to me right?" Ni-ki asked now fuming with anger.

"Ni-ki calm down. I'm sure it's a misunderstanding" Sunoo hugged onto Ni-ki's arm.

"It was a misunderstanding" Jake agreed.

"It was a misunderstanding to intentionally set me up with some chick as my father pleased?" Ni-ki asked through gritted teeth.

"Jake I think you should go" Sunoo said and Jake nodded leaving the money for the bill.

Sunoo gestured Gen to follow him and she left also.

They met the waiter on the way out who shamelessly offered a paper with her number for Jake.

Gen grabbed the paper and threw it in her face "he's not available anymore" she said and gave the girl a nasty look before leaving with Jake.

"Ni-ki he said it was a misunderstanding" Sunoo said to Ni-ki who seemed to get angrier by the second.

"He fucking knew my dad! The man who ruined my life! Who separated us for years! Who killed my mother! Its all his fault!!" Ni-ki cried out trying not to make a scene but he had already did.

"I know-"

"Do you? Do you really know Sunoo? You think I left you cause of my dad right? Yes, I did and it took me everything not to run back to you! I ran away from my dad's place. I finally met Jake who offered to share his apartment with me. When he did I cut off all ties with my dad and tried looking for you!! For years I looked for you! I was miserable without you!" Ni-ki cried in Sunoo's arm.

Sunoo couldn't help himself. He started hiccuping trying to restrain his tears. Ni-ki had been through so much for them and here he thought all these years Ni-ki hated him and he hated Ni-ki for it. For playing him like he thought.

Ni-ki wrapped his arms around Sunoo's waist and leaned into his chest crying. The moment was overwhelming and confusing and all they needed right now was each other.

"I love you, Sunoo and I'll never stop loving you"