Chapter 6: For The First Time Since Aldera High

*********************************

The last day of junior high ended yesterday, and today was a whole new year and school for Bakugo Katsuki. It felt good to finally be leaving that old school behind, good to not have to see those kids from his elementary school and watch from the corner of his eyes as they trailed his movements, good to be free of those two who wouldn't leave him alone... good to be able to feel positive when he thought of Deku.

And luckily for Katsuki, no one else from junior high had tried to take U.A.'s entrance exam. Meaning he was the only one from school to get in since he was the only one who applied. But, that also meant that his application was leaked out and he got a ton of congratulations. Which wasn't good. But, even though he had long dropped his childhood dream of being the only student from his measly junior high to get into U.A. High, he couldn't help but get a little ego boost about that fact.

But, something still unlucky on his part happened on the night Katsuki got his U.A. letter was when All Might had called in. After he had finished dinner, he went back up to his room before seeing the notification that All Might had called his phone. Knowing where the hero wanted to meet, he dashed out his room and rushed to get his shoes on while his old hag was yelling at him about where he was going before running out the door, accidentally leaving it open. He ran across hard stone concrete before sliding against the tanned sand shore, looking ahead to see the skinny run down hero of All Might. And even with asking the number one hero about who that kid was, he rubbed his chin while answering that he didn't remember seeing that description.

'My only shitty hope is that hopefully the guy passed... Passed and got into my class, maybe... Or the other, whichever way.' Katsuki groaned to himself before raising his head up to face the ceiling as he gripped his new gray, sling bag straps.

"Katsuki! Get down here or you're gonna be late!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming, damn!" Katsuki shouted back down at the hag as he slung his bag over his shoulder, gripping it in his hand before turning away from his sun soaked room to leave out the door.

Making his way down the stairs, his hag and old man were standing in front of the door, making sure he wouldn't leave without saying their little goodbyes and cheers of good luck and some other cheesy shit.

But, they were his parents...

"Katsuki..." the old man started to say as he clenched both his fists against each other over his heart, his lips quirked up to a quivering smile and a teary gaze on Katsuki.

"Save that sappy shit later. I'm gonna be late." Katsuki attempted to walk past them until two arms pulled the blond away from the door, a hand on his chin that lifted his face up to the hag.

Should've tried force.

She planted sucky kisses on his cheeks while he tried desperately to get himself free from it all until she finally released her solid grip on him, making Katsuki almost fall onto the carpeted floor before catching himself briefly by moving his foot forward before he slammed his face.

No way was he going into a new school with a rug burned face. Thanks, old hag.

"What the-" Katsuki whipped around to yell at the woman who tried to turn his face into a rug rash until he felt a soft touch run through his spiked hair, softening his expression as he widened his eyes slightly before a soft kiss touched his forehead.

"Do great things out there and make sure to bring him back..."

The hag's tone was soft and the past seven years, her voice had grown softer, but this was quite soft. It felt vaguely unsettling... yet comforting...