20

Hyunjin's POV

"I know you can't hear"

I dropped the towel that I was holding as I remembered what Areum told me. Did I misunderstood her or she literally said the same thing?

I am dead...

How did she find out? I keep avoiding her in order for her not to notice anything weird. Did she fucking looked at my background profile? What is she? Some spy? How can I fucking chill while at school? Knowing someone already find out about my secret.

I thought she was just joking last night when she told me that she knows about my secret. I really thought she was scaring me so I will join the basketball team but I was wrong. She really knows my secret.

The question is... How did she find out?

I finished getting ready and I am on my way to school but my mind keep bothering me of what happened last night. How the hell...

I got on the bus and keep debating whether to quit school or not. After the accident and it was still new to me, I had a hard time adjusting since my friends slowly found out about it. Some made fun of me and some helped me. It was the darkness I am avoiding to happen.

Areum...
______________________
Flashback

"I know you can't hear" she said which I understood clearly

How did she...

I removed her hand harshly for her to stop "Like what I said earlier. Put the ball where it belongs"

"You read people's lips to understand but you only understand me that's why you are responding to what I tell you. You are avoiding people by telling them "Move, get lost, or Leave me alone". I found out when I blocked your way and watched how one of member of art club tried calling you. You are focused on me even though the club member keep shouting your name. There, I connected everything and I was right. You can't hear" Areum

I don't know why but I fucking understood her explanation which is not really usual. I would only understand one or two sentences. But why am I too focused?

Am I scared?

"What do you want?"

"I want to be friends with you. Like normal friendship. So, don't avoid me and make sure to ask me for help" she smiled

"That's it?"

She nodded.

I turned around and was about to leave but she suddenly appeared in front of me "What?"

"I know you are worried. Don't worry. I am not going to tell anyone, even my bestfriend and brother. I promise" Areum smiled once again

I just ignored her and left.

End of Flashback...
_______________________

I don't know whether to believe her promise or not... She is known to be the student who loves making trouble. How can I believe her?

I should just quit-

"Areum?"

I saw Areum in their car, she is crying...

________________________

Our president announced something and started writing on the board. An activity that was left for us since Mr. Ty can't discuss today. Eunji stretched her body and sighed.

That's good then. I will be able to follow their lesson quickly. I will just have to do the activity then read the rest of the lesson that I missed.

I was about to open my book when I noticed that Areum is not here yet. Their car arrived here before I did, so she should be here by now. And why is she crying? Did something happen? She got scolded or something?

I left the classroom and saw Seungmin at the doorway of their classroom while staring at me.

"Where is Areum?"

His eyebrow raised and stared at me "Rooftop"

I ignored him and ran to the rooftop. Did I misunderstood again? I am certain he said rooftop. As I arrived at the rooftop, I saw Areum sitting on the top like she is fucking chilling.

"You want to die?"

Areum looked at me "Are you here because you are worried? Or you are pretending to be worried because I wanted to be friends with you?"

I sat beside her "What happened?"

"I had a fight with Dad. He wanted me to take over the company which I hate the most. I am still in 1st year and I do have a lot of choices to choose. Why is he rushing me?" she started crying again

"He is worried? I already know the answer why Seungmin is not the one taking over. He already have something in mind and the company won't be able to help him. They are worried that you might lost the passion to find what you like, and that is why you have the company behind your back. Does that explain your problem?"

"Seungmin is the one who told Dad that I should take over" Areum

"Then he wanted you to have the company so-"

"Are you siding with them? I knew it. You are not treating me as your friend" Areum rolled her eyes

"I am not siding with anyone. I was just telling you the truth. They are worried of you that's why they came up with an idea like that"

"How about you? Are you worried of me?" Areum

"I-"

"Or are you here because you are scared I might spill your secret?" Areum

"If that's what you think then"

I don't even know why am I worried of you.