• Ch 36

It was around 3AM when Mark felt the bed shift a little

All though that startled him, he quickly woke up from his sleep to see if Eunji was alright.

And she was.

She was... awake.
Her eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the lights above her once again.

She slowly tried to get up, but someone stopped her.

"Don't! I'll raise your bed."

She looked to the side and saw him.

"M..min..?" She said, her voice very raspy and scratchy.

Mark smiled at her while fixing her bed so she was sitting up more.
"Hey Ji, how you feeling?"

That's when she burst into tears.
"Oh my god- it's you? Minhyung? You- you're- I-"

Instead of talking, mark just brought her into a really soft and gentle hug, making sure he wasn't hurting her.

"It's really you-" she pulled away from the hug and looked at his face.
"Oh my god- I'm so sorry- I really- I didn't even-" she started crying more. "I'm so sorry." She cried in his chest.

Mark couldn't help but feel some type of sadness. His heart ache seeing her like this.

"Why are you apologizing Ji? Hm? There's no need to."
"Yes there is- I did something so stupid I- I can't imagine what-"

Mark stopped her from talking.
"Shhh... I know, and it's okay. To tell the truth, no. What you did was not right at all. You scared the life out of me, along with the others. But that was in the past. Today is the present, and in the present you're awake, alive, and breathing. That's all that matters to me right now. So no more crying. No more apologizing. All I want are smiles from your adorable self." Mark said to her with a soft smile.

Eunji just looked at him and tried her best to give him a small smile.

And it was there.
A small, faint smile.

"I... I should've talked to you guys... I don't know why I just... I wasn't thinking straight..." Eunji said as she was calming down.

"It's okay Ji. I promise you, no one, and I mean no one blames you for anything. But yes you're right, you should've talked to us." Mark said.
"I mean.. at least to me... " mark mumbled the last part.

He then gave her a smile as he shook his head. "But like I said, it's okay now. You're awake and well." He said to her.

"Which reminds me- I need to contact the boys and let Jaehee know you're awake." Mark said to her.