CHAPTER 1: Horse-men, Limos, and Demigods. Oh My!

Arya is speaking through an audio recorder.

Hey! My name is Arya Keyashira. I'm 15 years old and I am a demigod. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was around.......4-ish. I'm a daughter of Apollo. I live at Camp Half-Blood, Long Island. I guess I should tell you how it all started.

I was 11 and eating lunch on Saturday when the doorbell rang. 

"I'll get it!", I yelled. I got up and walked to the door. When I opened it, there was a middle-aged man in a motorized wheelchair and had a scruffy beard. I recognized him, but I couldn't place where from. He was with a girl with dark hair and brown eyes. The girl was wearing an orange shirt with the letters CHB and a symbol of a deranged horse-bird-thing. Behind both the people was a limo. 

"Hello," I said warily. "Is there anything you need?"

The man spoke up. "I know that you know who I am," he said calmly. "And I know that you know why we're here"

"I don't know--WAIT A MINUTE". I said, stiffening. I knew this guy. He was Chiron, the teacher from my favorite book series, Percy JacksonNo way, I thought. I shook my head.

"I'll pack my suitcase. Also does my mom know that I'm going?"

The man, Chiron said, "We used the mist to alter her memories. She thinks you're going to a regular summer camp."

"Okay, I'll pack then."

I ran inside and got my essentials: my bow and arrows, my art supplies, and something to remind me of home, one of the family pictures we took at Christmas. I also shoved a bunch of shorts and jeans in my suitcase. All packed, I headed back downstairs to see Chiron in his full centaur form. I looked at the girl. She came towards me and offered to shake her hand. 

"I'm Astra, daughter of Poseidon". I looked at her like, NO WAY. PERCY'S SISTER?!?!?!? 

"I know what you're thinking. 'This girl can't POSSIBLY be related to Percy I'm-so-hot Jackson. He's WAY cooler." She rolled her eyes, thinking of her brother. I decided it would be a bit rude to say anything, so I kept my trap shut.

"Well, come on", Astra said opening the limo door. "We don't have all day". I climbed in, Astra following.

After a few minutes of silence, which as a daughter of Apollo I hate silence, I asked her, "So, do you know whose child I am?" 

"How old are you?", she asked back. 

"11", I answered. 

"Then it's too early to tell", Astra said. "But, you're probably not a child of Apollo"

"How come?" I asked. I felt that was kinda racist. 

"Well, USUALLY children of Apollo are tanned and blond and blue eyes and show-offs. Mostly they're show-offs. But there's also the rare cases, who look VERY different from their siblings, have gold eyes, and can contain godly power. You have gold eyes so you're definitely one. Ooh I can't wait to know what your powers are!", she said giddily.

"Do you know any rare cases?", I asked. 

"No but I know people who knew the rare cases. Either they died or disappeared. Remember, rare cases are, well, rare, and also very powerful. So, monsters will try to kill them more." We rode the rest of the way in silence. 

When we arrived I said, "I'll find the Hermes cabin, don't worry." Astra looked at me. 

"How do you know where you're supposed to go?", she asked in an quizzical tone. I didn't answer and walded towards The Big House to Mr. D.