Chapter 7: I Get My Quest. Hooray!!

A few weeks later, I was discharged from the infirmary. I stopped taking archery classes with Chiron so that I could practice shooting with my right eye closed with my dad. I also had a WICKED eyepatch and I had to go to the infirmary often, to check on my eye. But I also found out something. 

I could do something that was like charmspeak. I could charmsing. Yes, that's a thing. 

Basically, I could sing "Do the dishes for me" to someone and they would do the dishes for me. That was how I didn't get beat up by the Ares campers. The hunters of Artemis also came for some weeks and I became friends with this girl named Amara. Everything was going amazing.

Until one day..

It was lunchtime and everyone was eating. Then Rachel, the oracle, stood up, pointed at me and issued a prophecy. I don't really remember it but I do remember that I had to go kill Python's kid. I like, totally freaked out. Who knew Python had a child? Everyone was staring at me which activated my anxiety.

"Well, uh, Arya", Chiron started. "Choose your other two heroes to accompany you". He said.

"I pick Astra and Amara"

Amara nodded excitedly. "Yes!" 

Astra hesitated, then said, "...ok, I accept."

"Now go pack. The rest of you, carry on with your activities". Chiron said.

Us girls went to our cabins to pack. They gave us one of those never-ending backpacks. I didn't have a lot of stuff so I just put a lot of arrows, my bow, some drachmas, and extra clothes. We were all given a thermos of nectar and an airtight bag of ambrosia squares, for emergencies.

Yay my first quest! With a 99.9% chance I'll die! Hooray!