ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 - ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴇʀ

▬𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃▬

───͙⊱••🌣••̩̩͙⊰•───

KILORNS POV

MARCH 10

Aurora's face, full of a mix of betrayal and sorrow, kept haunting me. I've never lied to her before, not about anything as serious as this. Petty lies sure, but the two of us knew we just didn't want to talk about it. We've never lied to each other about this kind of thing. The STRIKE team took Steve and I back to the Triskelion. We were interrogated, and then, interestingly enough we were told to meet someone from the world council.

The world council somehow reminds me of the war council back home. Except this one just includes a bunch of old people.

We had reason to believe the reason for us being called was because of what happened to Fury, but other than that. Rogers and I still had to keep what Fury told us to ourselves.

We saw agent 13 talking to Alexander Pierce, the one we were supposed to talk to. She almost goes rigid when she sees us.

"Captain Rogers," She greeted when she saw us. "Agent King."

"Neighbor." We replied back in a cold manner. I still couldn't believe we had another agent living next door to us undercover, for Odins sake, I flirted with her. Since Rogers still hadn't.

"Ah," The old man who was apparently the boss of Fury said. "Captain. Agent King." He greets. "I'm Alexander Pierce."

"Sir," Rogers greets as they shake hands. Pierce and I shook hands. "It's an honor." To be honest, I could give two shits about meeting him. I've met far more important people than him.

"The honor is mine." Pierce points behind him into his office. "Come on in." We entered Pierce's office, which looked bigger than Fury's office. But still had that same old view.

He showed Rogers and I an old photo of Fury with Pierce. It was a little weird, he had no eye patch, and his face looked less rough. Definitely been a while since this picture was taken.

"That photo was taken five years after Nick, and I met. When I was at State Department in Bogota." Pierce tells us. "ELN rebels took the embassy, and security got me out, but the rebels took hostages. Nick was deputy chief for the SHIELD station there. And he comes to me with a plan. He wants to storm the building through the sewers. I said, "No, we'll negotiate. Turned out the ELN didn't negotiate, so they put out a kill order.

They stormed the basement, and what did they find? They find it empty. Nick had ignored my direct order and carried out an unauthorized military operation on foreign soil." Pierce tells us as he motions for us to sit down on the long gray couch in his office. "He saved the lives of a dozen political officers, including my daughter."