Chapter Eight: Nurse Jade

The food wasn't as bland as it was yesterday. Carefully lifting the right arm, fork in hand with chopped fried potatoes. The soft crunch of them thankfully filled the room, helping with the silence. Marco left, saying that he'll be back later to get the dishes. A cup of hot tea was placed on the nightstand. He was feeling much better than before, but Marco wanted him to rest for a couple more days. The blood thing was put to a stop, his left arm bruised and in pain from the tube.

    It probably would be sore for a while, so he would have to take things easy for a bit. That meant no arm wrestling against any of his brothers. It was a way to set some sort of dominance over food or something like that. Well, for Xaiver, it was more of who has to buy booze or stuff to make booze.

   A soft knock echoed the room, Xaiver stopping mid lift as the door opened. Expecting it to be Marco, but was let down when it was one of the nurses. But hey, it was one that he actually liked because she wasn't pushy or flirty.

    "Hello Xaiver, I hope you're feeling better. I'm afraid that Marco won't really be able to uhm, help you anymore," she said, a small smile.

    Xaiver titled his head, then he saw the little blue and yellow bird. Marco has fallen to his devil fruit, and has became a bird. High pitch chirps came out of him, it was times like these when Marco wasn't really Marcoe. Or as Pops would say, he acted like he was young again. The nurse walked over, softly sitting on the side of the bed. Little bird Marco contuined to chirp, but after some head rubs, he was out like a light.

~~

    It's been a couple of days since Marco's transformation. Izo grumbled, today has been easy so far, people seemed to be in a better mood. He himself not much, still a bit grunpy, nothing was going his way today. When he wome up, his hair was a mess. Despit him always making sure it was up and he slept complete still. It was still a mess, he couldn't get his lipstick right. Shoulders had knots in them along with his neck, kimono seemed to keep on slipping. Not only that, but he burned his left hand because his tea spilled. Marco was in his little bird phase so he would have to deal with it, putting ice on it.

    A loud irritated sigh left him, resting his forehead against the white painted walls. The kitchen window lighting up the room. The sound of footsteps started to fade in, making their way over to the counter. Things moved and things turned on, Izo ignored it, focusing on the ice that's on his burnt hand. Not much longer, the sound of water started to boil, then the sweet smell of tea. It didn't hit him until about six minutes later.

    Whipping his head up and turning it, he was met with a cup of tea, pale hand holding it very carefully but secure. Brown eyes met snow storm eyes, both of them froze. A sweet smile made it's way to Xaiver's face. His skin was a bit pale, but other than that, he seemed fine. Well, except for his arms and hands that were now shaking.

    The sweet smile faded though, once Xaiver saw Izo's hand. Quickly and carefully putting the cup down and softly taking the commander's hand. The tall male was too stunned to speak at the sudden change.

    "I spilled tea on myself, I'll be fine," Izo hummed, but of course, the other male didn't listen. Looking up at Izo, was a angry puffed face. His heart clenched, he saw Kiku, his little sister, he saw his little sister for a second, "I said I'm fine, besides, it doesn't even hurt anymore."

    The same face was still staring up at him, Izo couldn't stand it. It reminded him too much of Kiku, Xaiver usually always has. Any little mini panic attack he throws when Izo suddenly left reminded him of the time Kiku was crying brcause he went to get food. Or try to find food atleast.

    "Aaahh, I see our little silent dancer is back," Vista smiled, happily walking into the kitchen.

    "No, he's still sick. But I thought maybe it would be good for him to start moving around. Get back into routine, Thatch has been bugging me about," the kind nurse walked out, bird Marco in hand.