2 ⎮ garrison

Birmingham, Small Heath 1919

The garrison

Chapter two Season one

Dad and my uncles have been home for a week. I was sitting in the sitting room with Finn. He had found a cigarette somewhere and was smoking it while I just sat there amused watching him, we heard the door open and looked up and saw dad coming in, Finn tried to throw it in the fire but missed, dad saw it "Finn?" dad said and walked to him "Arthur's mad as hell" he said I just sat there amused, dad, looked at me and then at the ground and picked up the cigarette and threw it in the fire "What does a 10-year-old know about hell aye" dad said "I'm 11 Sunday" Finn answered and I chuckled, dad just kissed me on the forehead and went to the curtains in front of the doors into the betting shop.

I stood up and ruffled Finn's hair and followed dad into the betting shop. Uncle John stood at the board and was writing down numbers, and dad just walked around looking at what they were doing. Uncle John saw dad "Tommy! Tommy! Look at the book," he said and showed dad the book "All on Meaghan Boy," Uncle John said "Good work" dad answered " Tommy!" Uncle Arthur came inside "Get in here now!" he said sternly dad followed uncle into his office while I went to uncle John.

"Hello, Lia" Uncle John said I just smiled up at him "Can I help with something?" I asked him knowing he wouldn't say no, unlike dad who wants me away from the business he chuckled and showed me what I could do, it had been 5 minutes when dad walked out of the office and Arthur walked out after him "I'm calling a family council tonight at 8.00 pm" dad just looked at him and walked away "I want all of us there" he shouted after "You hear me! It's trouble coming!" he shouted and walked into the office again, uncle john nodded at me to follow dad.

I followed after dad into the garrison. we sat at the bar "On the house Mr.Shelby" Harry the barman said and placed a whiskey in front of dad and one for me, dad looked at me sternly but I just smiled innocently, we sat there drinking the whiskey,  Freddie Thorne sat beside me and ordered a mild and started talking to dad but I tuned them out, suddenly the door burst open and Danny Whizzbang ran inside and started throwing tables on the ground, dad pushed me away when a table came my way, dad and Freddie pushed Danny on the ground and started telling him he wasn't in France, I stood there horrified, what happened in France that made him like this I wondered.

Shelby" Harry the barman said and placed a whiskey in front of dad and one for me, dad looked at me sternly but I just smiled innocently, we sat there drinking the whiskey,  Freddie Thorne sat beside me and ordered a mild and started talking to da...

I had moved in with dad again, when he left for war, I moved in with aunt pol, Ada, and Finn. But now dad is back. I laid down on the bed and fell asleep. It has been a few hours but I woke up from dad having a nightmare, I hurriedly got up and out of the room to the room in front of mine and went inside and saw dad laying and murmured in his sleep and trashing. I sat down on the bed and put a hand on his cheek "Dad, wake up" I said while I shook him trying to wake him It's just a nightmare, your home" I said and he opened his eyes and looked around and saw me sitting beside him. he sighed "Did I wake you?" he asked with a raspy voice I shook my head, I laid down beside him and got under the covers. I used to go into dad's bed in the middle of the night when I was younger, I had missed it, it always made me feel safe. He chuckled and I cuddled into him and we fell asleep.

Please follow me on tiktok for updates: wattpadfanfiction01

And on YouTube: mer482