four | fairytale

Zane pulled up in front of the modern two story cottage with its quaint wooden door and array of greenery that graced the front lawn.

There was a sense of personality to the facade that heightened the calm and serene nature of the former porn stars that lived in it.

Their neighborhood was quiet and because they had the smallest house on the block, it made them more unassuming. Something that was very important to Dax when he decided to buy the house in full after receiving his final check from the Sweet Tooth deal with Cecelia.

It was a beautiful fairytale of a situation that would soon be ruined by some unsightly news.

"Luckily I know how to talk to Dax." Zane said as if he could hear Ivy's concerned thoughts. "So I'll handle him."

"They're gonna blame me." Ivy met Zane at the front of the car and sat on the hood. "I was the rat the first time so all signs point to me."

Zane chuckled and crossed his arms over his chest.

"They're not gonna blame you." He said. "You made a mistake before and you owned up to it. If they didn't forgive you then you wouldn't be here right now."

Ivy rolled her eyes, hoping that he was right. Every day she regretted telling Hodges unecessary and exaggerated information about Dax and Cecelia during their Sweet Tooth collaboration. She'd done it out of pure hurt and now she had to think about it any time their wedding came up. Especially now that Hodges of all people knew about the wedding.

A red mustang pulled up in front of Zane's car in one smooth motion and out came a worried looking Hazel and a fairly composed Gabriel.

"How you feeling Hazel?" Ivy asked, all too familiar with that expression on her friend.

"Anxious." She looked at the house.

Zane pushed off of the car and put his arm around Hazel's shoulder to reassure her.

"C'mon, let's rip the bandaid." They walked toward the door.

Ivy and Gabriel exchanged a look, somewhat relieved that they did not hold the coveted position of Maid of Honor or Best Man respectively.

They followed their partners to the front door, ready to break the news together.
• • • • • •
"Oh." Was all Cecelia said at first once Hazel and Zane finished speaking.

"We don't know how he found out."

"Yeah and I doubt it'll ruin the big day. Hodges doesn't even know where you both live." Zane said.

"To be fair, Hazel has been great at keeping us in check and she hasn't fumbled once." Ivy lended a few words in case it made a difference.

Cece nodded and reached to take a sip of her tea, a genius decision considering the fact that they were in the backyard and the weather was exceptionally nippy.

Cece was quiet for a few more seconds before she eventually cleared her throat.

"I'm not surprised. He's determined to control me." She scoffed. "What do you think Dax?"

Ivy looked over at Dax whose eyes were fixed on his hands the entire time. It was uncharacteristic of him to not lend a single word to the conversation and to make matters worse, he slowly stood up after Cece asked him that question.

"I need a minute." Dax got up from the grey Adirondack chair and walked into the house.

Zane looked at Gabriel and nudged his head indicating that they should follow Dax.

"We'll take care of him." They hurried through the yard door to find Dax.

Ivy waited until both boys were gone before saying, "Didn't expect that reaction."

"Yeah, should we be concerned?"

"I don't know. He's been really avoiding discussing any triggering things about Rebel and Doll House recently. He knows anything regarding Hodges bothers me." She shook her head. "Look, I'm not mad at anyone. I honestly expected this from him. I'm convinced that he's also been telling brands not to work with me."

"Really?" Ivy was in shock. Was Hodges the type to sabatoge a career? He was capable of some truly wicked things but this?

"Yeah but I know his hand. I've been working closely with him for so long so I know he can't keep this up forever."

"How can we help?" Hazel asked.

"Just keep doing what you've been doing and tell the girls to keep their mouths closed. He won't pry."

"Okay so Dax needs a minute." Zane clapped his hands together as he walked outside. "Cece let me make things up to you on behalf of the bullshit you're experiencing." He held up a yellow sticky note and flicked it. "Found this on your refrigerator. Let me bake your wedding cake."

"You bake?" Cecelia and Hazel asked at the same time.

"Seriously, you guys clearly ignored our feature last month." Ivy scoffed.

"The baker pulled out last minute and I've been on the hunt. You'd really bake us a cake?"

"Of course. Since returning to Rebel I haven't been able to do what I'm most passionate about."

"Thank you so much Zane. Dax will really appreciate it too."

Ivy caught herself smiling at the joyful expression on Zane's face. She knew this is what he loved and in a moment that had been so full of tension, it was nice to see something positive.

Their eyes connected and she toned it down to a smirk before saying, "I'll help him. Licking cake batter off Zane's dick is a fantasy of mine."