Chapter 4

Lynnon's POV

"Mommies! Mommies!"

I pull the covers up over my shoulders as I squeeze my eyes shut tighter because I really need Micah's voice to just be a figment of my imagination instead of her actually being awake. I was sleeping so good. Micah's tiny feet patter gets closer, further crushing my hopes that this is some kind of dream, then she jumps on our bed with a quiet "oof". She quickly crawls up our bed, lightly huffing as she does.

"Mama!" Micah roughly shakes my shoulder before doing the same to Tori, "Mommy, wake up!"

Tori takes in a sharp breath as she jolts awake, "Yes, Micah? We're up, baby. Yes?"

I flip over and Micah is smiling down at Tori all bright-eyed and bushy tailed.

"Good morning! It's game day!" Micah looks over at me and it's hard not laugh at how excited she is. "Soccer Saturdays, Mama!"

"Soccer Saturdays!"

With a matching smile on my face, I lift my hand up and she happily gives me a high-five. She and the rest of the Poppin' Petunias have their second soccer game today, and I know she's been counting down the minutes since their game ended last Saturday. There are a few new kids on their team this year, but I'm still impressed to see how much they've improved since last season. There has been much less of them just standing in circles kicking at each other and more of them actually kicking the ball. Their first game ended in a tie with each team scoring one goal, so I feel like there's nowhere to go but up today.

"Someone's excited." Tori giggles as she smooths down Micah's wild, bed hair.

Micah nods her head, leaning back on her heels, "Can you make waffles and I can help you?!"

Tori rubs at her eyes as she stretches, "Sure. Just give me a few minutes, Munch."

"Yes!"

I look at my phone for the time and my eyes bulge out of my head. "It's 6:45."

Tori quickly looks over at me with a similar wide-eyed expression.

"Are your brother and sister up yet?" I ask.

"Nope!" Micah bounces off our bed, humming happily. "Mommy's making waffles. We're getting waffles, waffles, waffles..."

"Then why are you," I whine as I watch her skip out the door still singing her song about getting waffles for breakfast. I don't know why it still baffles me. I know I should be used to it, but she's such an early bird and I don't understand why. I just want to be able to sleep in until at least 8 o'clock. I don't feel like that's too much to ask.

"Can you go make the waffles," Tori asks as she pulls the comforter snug under her chin. "Please?"

"She wants to make them with you," I say, sitting up to lean my weight on my elbow.

"I know, but do you know what time I went to sleep last night?"

"No." All I know is that she was still up working in her studio when I came to lay down and that was around eleven.

Tori peeks her eyes open, showing me how red and tired they are, "I just need a few more hours."

"Okay...I got you," I say, eyeing my wife as she gets comfortable. "Have you told her that you have to meet with Simone today and might miss the game?"

Tori's eyes snap open to meet with mine. This time they're more focused. "Who said that I'll miss her game?"

"Is it not a possibility?"