//5//

Liam's POV

"Why are you wearing shoes?" Harry came ambling out of his kitchen, half of a piece of avocado toast hanging from his mouth as he looked around the spotless living room with apprehension.

"So the outfit looks ok?" I stood up quickly, done fluffing the pillow on the couch for the thousandth time because Lottie was supposed to be here any minute now and all I had left to do was get rid of the brooding Harry Styles.

"Why are you wearing shoes?" Harry asked again, still staring perplexed in my direction, and normally I'd listen to him. Usually because Harry always made things nice even when he was subliminally mocking you, but this Harry was wearing a ragged old tank top and athletic shorts, eating his toast and pretending his man-bun hadn't fallen out hours ago after he'd broken down for the thousandth time about Morgan.

"I just wanted to dress nice?" I frowned, still unsure of how to handle Harry because he was being completely unreasonable at this point, like he didn't actually know how to carry out an actual conversation with humans anymore.

He was about to answer, his mouth opened with the response when the doorbell sounded.

"Get out." I hissed immediately, already halfway to running down the hallway when Harry decided to respond.

"Happiness sucks." Was all he muttered though, just ambling back to his room slowly like he couldn't bring himself to move any faster.

"Coming!" I called to the door, kicking the shoes off of my feet because Harry was right, they did look ridiculous, and instead trying to arrange them in the perfect mess of disarray that would make it look like I hadn't just been wearing them.

It took me another half a second of panicking before I just chose to kick them into the closet and swing the door open with a big grin that felt a little dopier than I had meant for it to.

"Hi Liam!" Lottie spoke first, her massively big green eyes were filled with this twinkling sort of happiness as she nearly bounded into my arms.

"Hey! Missed you!" I grinned -if possible- even wider, so wide that it felt like my face would split in two and I'd erupt into a giant puddle of feelings.

"Yeah, totally you too." I refrained from placing a kiss at the top of her head as she pulled away, auburn hair pulled back effortlessly from her face in this bun that was falling to pieces even as she stood completely still.

She looked fantastic, wearing a pretty powder blue v-neck and black shorts. Black high-top converse that looked worn to the ground were slowly shuffled off of her feet, and I couldn't help but stare at them fondly because the last time a girl had walked into one of our lives wearing scuffed shoes, it had been Lydia and that had to count for something.

Appropriate footwear made for good wives.

"So how was your concert? I watched a few videos and cracked up when you rapped slim shady. Such a sick song!" Lottie was babbling away as I started to slowly lead her in the direction of Harry's kitchen, praying desperately that tarzan had -in fact- taken my command as a threat and gone to his room for the remainder of my time with Lottie.

"Slim shady? You watched the show?" I chuckled, resting a few fingers lightly against her back as she started to walk in the direction of the living room, just redirecting her towards the kitchen, that's all it was, really.

"I uhm, saw the video on twitter. Good pick." Her voice had picked up in pace a little, and I bit back the grin from the information she'd just offered me.