Prologue - Mirabel did not get a gift?

It was a beautiful night in Encanto, Columbia.

The Casa Madrigal or the Casita was a huge house. The home of the Madrigal family itself was colorfully bright. The pretty teal main front door. The shades of orange and red window shutters. The different colors of pink flowers surrounds the balcony. The lime green tower on top of the casita. Each room of the Family Madrigal represents their gifts.

Abulea Alma Madrigal is the holder of a candle. The candle was the reason how the casita became alive. Not only the house lives, her whole family got magic. The woman in charge is a widower. She lost her husband, Abuelo Pedro by a tragedy. Alma Madrigal has three babies. The Madrigal triplets. Pepa was the eldest. Julieta was almost tall like Pepa. Bruno was the youngest of the triplet.

Julieta Madrigal got the gift of healing. Her cookings of arepas and more helped the sick and the injured. She will not ever get tired of it. She was married to her love Agustin. After that, Julieta gave birth to three daughters. Isabela was the eldest. Luisa was the middle child. And Mirabel was the youngest.

Isabela got a gift of blooming flowers. However she sways her hand or both, the flowers grow rapidly around the casita. Pink. White. Red. Any color to brightened the Encanto.

Luisa got a gift of strength. She lifted everything that is too heavy for one or two citizens. She also can lift a donkey. Especially the babies to their mothers.

Pepa got the gift of weather. Depending on her mood, her cloud above her changes automatically. When Pepa was happy, no cloud. When she's frustrated, her cloud rains on poor Pepa. Her temperature always changes by a minute. She was married to her love Felix. Afterwards, Pepa got two kids. Dolores was the eldest daughter. Camilo was the youngest son.

Dolores got a gift of hearing. She can hear everything. I mean EVERYTHING. Dolores can be alarming to distress or an urgent meeting with her Madrigal family.

Camilo got a gift of shapeshifting. He can morph into a little kid to a big adult.

And then, Bruno got the gift of foreseeing the future. The youngest of the Madrigal triplet cannot lie to the townspeople. Including his Madrigal family. Felix and Pepa got married in the rain or a hurricane. That's unexpected. He told one citizen that a goldfish will die the next day. The poor woman lost her pet. Bruno told Osvaldo he's going to get a bigger stomach. Pitiful that Osvaldo's future came true. When Abuela Alma hears or knows what Bruno sees everyone's future, he got excluded from the Madrigal family. How can Bruno step aside the family he loved? His gift did not help his Madrigal family at all. The poor man looked innocent.

The whole Madrigal family has black hairs. Some are brown. Abuela Alma is the only white and gray mix. And Pepa was the only redhead.

Black hair; Julieta, Bruno, Agustin, Felix, Isabela and Mirabel.

Brown hair; Luisa, Dolores and Camilo.

Kinda hard to tell because the Madrigal family had a history of black hair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The celebration of the Madrigal family ended too soon.

Mirabel was the next person to get a gift from the candle. Suddenly, her door disappears after Mirabel touched the doorknob.

Abuela Alma was holding the candle. It was flickering dim like the power was almost going out. That worries the woman.

Mirabel Madrigal was dressed in her pretty white dress. The glossy gold on her trimmings. She wears her big round green glasses. Her white bow sat on her top head. It was a sad night for her. Mirabel just stood on the upstairs hall. She doesn't understand what happened on her night. Or why Mirabel did not get a gift.