13.

Jerry and his gang of nanobots were a pleasant reminder that not everything in this facility is hopeless. The little grains looked busy dashing around on the repair tables. They couldn't be heard with just your ears so they communicate through a computer monitor, words form one by one on its cracked screen. Jerry was the one who does most of the "talking".

After a short conversation, the nanobots agreed to help you with your wounds and with the currently-unconscious-or-possibly-dead friend back at the breakroom. You learned that it was not Wheatley's first visit to the nanobots, in fact, he was almost like a regular client. Jerry told you about some of the misfortunes that landed Wheatley to the repair table, all of the said misfortunes involved mundane things turned catastrophic  which was caused by Wheatley himself. It was clear why the scientists told him that he'd get killed if he turned his flashlight on or detached from his managrment rail, you had reason to believe that there were more things that he was told to not do. That spherical force of nature was a danger to himself and an inconvenience to others.

Jerry noticed the sadness in your laughter as if you were telling his stories in his memory. He reminded you that he wasn't dead yet and to stop being a "big baby".

"Thanks, Jerry," you smiled at the attempt at comforting.

The screen blinked to life with words printed across it, "This is actually Sherry, you are most welcome, dear."

"Oh, hi Sherry! Tell Jerry I'll be back in a couple of moments." You gestured to the door, trying to tell the nanobots apart on the banged-up table. Turns out you still needed some more practice.

"This is Larry, I'll tell Sherry to tell Jerry that you'll be back." The screen blinked.

This was getting confusing, fast.

"Okay, thanks Larry!" You dashed out to the hall before that situation became too messy to talk your way out of.

The portal gun proved to be very useful. You just had to remember which color you were supposed to shoot and it will save you the hassle of getting lost in the halls again. You went through your newly-made portal and you were back near the entrance of the breakroom

The thinly cushioned infirmary bed was not the most comfortable place you've been on, its sage green, faux leather cover stuck to your fevered skin like dried up ice cream. It was distracting but bearable. You were going to be powered off for the repairs anyway.

The "Jerry-controlled" machine above you shined its scrutinizing light from your head to your toes for a screening process of your overall condition. Chht-chhht-chhht accompanied every jagged movement it made. Once it finished scanning you, it craned over to the adjacent table where Wheatley was propped up by frames specifically designed for personality cores.

As the robotic arm scanned him, another one popped up from nowhere. It opened the skin-like cover to your front cable and plugged it into the computer beside you in one swift movement. Almost immediately, you felt doozy as the arm clicked away on what you assume was your own brain made visible on a computer screen. You were kind of worried about what they might find in there, even you had no clue what you thought about most of the time.

A couple more clicks, your eyes felt heavier by each passing second. They've began to unwrap the cloth on your arms which you were very proud of and the last thing you remember seeing is Wheatley, still looking like a very dead friend.