Chapter Five

Gerard looked kind of peaceful when he slept. I mean, I didn't watch him in a creepy way or anything, I was only watching him because I was afraid something would happen if I didn't. Plus, he'd claimed earlier that he only got six hours of sleep across the whole week. We were over at my house since I told some people to come early to help decorate and whatnot and after helping clean for awhile, he just fell asleep on the couch.

I'd obviously have to wake him up before the party started but for now I was just sitting on the arm of the couch, staring at him. He still had that Santa hat and the clothes his mom knitted him on. They all looked very uncomfortable, yet here he was, crashing on my couch. Or at least he was until this one girl barged into the living room unannounced and loudly, in a ridiculously exaggerated accent, said, "Hey Frankie, who's your friend there?!"

She was standing almost directly behind the couch, which caused Gerard to jolt awake.

"W-what?"

I didn't actually know the girl, she was just one of the people one of my friends had invited as an attempt to get me a girlfriend. She didn't know anything about the band or me personally and it was kind of weird when she said my name.

"Your little friend there, hello."

She waved to Gerard, who looked both confused and pissed at the same time.

"So what's ya name?"

"Gerard." He mumbled.

"Oh," she looked at his face for a good second. "Wait, are you that guy from the band?"

He nodded.

"What's it called, don't tell me. Um, Romance or something? No, Chemistry Romance? Ugh, it was something to do with science! I heard one of yer songs on the radio the other day and of course I know Frankie's in the band with you."

"Um, My Chemical Romance."

She clapped her hands and pointed.

"Yes! That's what it's called!"

Gerard yawned, wiped his eyes, and sat up.

"Oh sorry, did I wake ya up or somethin'?"

"Yeah."

I was kind of starting to doubt that she was actually from New Jersey, as she sounded like Columbia from The Rocky Horror Show and earlier when I asked her basic questions someone could answer if they lived here, she panicked. She also said that she moved here just a month ago, I don't know if that meant like from another part of the state to here or from New York or something, but she seemed kind of fake. I looked over at the clock, which read 6:57. More people were going to show up and the party would start any minute.

"Um, hey," I walked over to the girl, who's name escaped me, "could you give us a moment?" I nodded over to Gerard.

"Well, sure."

She wasn't moving.

"I mean like, in private."

"Oh, 'in private'?" She said doing air quotes. "So you need me and other girls here as a means to practice flirt and have some sexual pleasure while you two-"