Vol. 3: Chapter 13.3 - Possessing the Ace Cards

6th Day, 2:48 AM.

"I'll only let you go after I see that poker face of yours start bursting in tears. You can run while pissing your pants by then." I mocked Ayanokouji while narrating the things I wanted to do.

He was one slippery son of a bitch, but his moves are predictable. This time, I'll make sure to land another clean hit.

I pounced at him, trying to grab his clothes. His dodging speed was fast but formulaic as usual. I reached out with my hands the moment he jumped to the left.

"What the-?"

Betraying my expectations, Ayanokouji grabbed my wrists and threw me to the side. I staggered badly and almost tripped over. I could only watch as Ayanokouji runs off to the distance.

"Kukuku... Interesting... Really interesting. Hahaha... Hahahaha!"

That guy was fucking around the entire time, huh? What a way to piss me off.

"Get your ass out here, Ibuki. I know you watched the entire thing."

"I only started watching when you kicked him in the gut, moron," she replied, moving away from her cover behind a tree. "That's the part where I got interested."

"Did you notice anything?" I asked.

She snorted hatefully.

"That guy knows how to fight, I can guarantee you that... But he was so good at playing dumb that I couldn't exactly gauge out his abilities... He's dangerous."

"Heh, I knew that already," I scoffed. "I'll just have to destroy him more thoroughly, then."

"With Albert and the others?"

"And with you, of course."

"Why the hell do you want to involve me again?" Ibuki asked with a very displeased expression.

"Don't kid yourself, Ibuki. I know you want to find out how strong he is..." I drew closer to her and smiled. "I know you want to see how you'll fare against him."

Ibuki clicked her tongue as she looked away. She sat by the campfire and munched on some berries.

"Leave the ones on the right. They're for me."

"I know. I wouldn't eat them even if you asked me to, anyway."

I sat across Ibuki and stretched my body.

"Ahh... Doesn't it feel good to have everything at the palm of your hands?" I asked, looking for a jolly conversation about the genius of my machinations.

"I know that you got what you want, but I don't have a grasp on what's really happening. Explain it to me so I can understand. I'm a vital part of your plan, remember?" Ibuki sighed in exasperation.

"Kukuku, I'm glad you asked," I replied. "Well, we've basically won, for the most part."

"Yeah, you've been saying that we won since last night, but how?"

"Our contract with Katsuragi was already the cream of the crop. Let's get that out of the way, first."

I've already explained how the contract works to Ibuki. Of course, I didn't bother telling her every detail, but at least she understood its value and how it'll benefit us in the future.

"Kaneda was under heavy pressure in that other class. He couldn't get any evidence in the end. Was that part of your plan, as well?"

"It doesn't matter as long as he got their leader's name. Katsuragi's main target was Class B, anyway. He must've been really happy with our gift for him."