Chapter 2: I'm Michael

Chapter 2:

"Thanks" I replied, trying to contain my smile.

"I'm Michael, by the way," he smiled as he ran his hand through his gelled, brown hair. "and you are?"

"Cher. Nice to meet you." I grabbed my water and headed back to my seat.

"Hey, mind if I sit with you? I don't want to sit in the only available seat by my ex-girlfriend." he asked. I gestured for him to follow me.

"Guys, Michael is going to sit by us today." I told Joslin and Dave.

"Ok, cool," Dave answered. The table was quiet for 3 minutes till Joslin spoke up.

"So, how's your first day at HHS so far?" she questioned me while nudging my shoulder.

"It's fine, I guess," I replied.

"Woah, it's your first day?!" Michael asked surprised at the fact. I nodded to answer his rhetorical question. "Huh, neat,"

~~~~
By 8th period I was about to pass out from exhaustion. Lucky me, my last period was study hall. I was grabbing my books from my locker when I heard someone call my name.

"Cher! Hey, Cher!" it was Michael, "I was wondering if you would like to hang out after school?"

"I would need to ask my step-mom but ok," I replied.

At the beginning of study hall, Mrs.Osslyn told me we can use our phones because it was a free period. I got my phone from my backpack and texted Darla.

To Darla: "Hey can I hang out with a friend after school?"

Since she was trying to get me to like her, I figured I would ask her. I waited a few minutes till she responded.

From Darla: "Ok, but don't be getting into trouble. Luv ya bye."

"Yes, victory" I thought to myself.

"Hey, my mom told me I could hang out with you." I replied to Michael, who was sitting right beside me.

"Cool," he said. The bell rang for the final period of the day to end. I grabbed my backpack from the chair and followed Michael to his black Lexus.

"Hop in," he said, while flipping his keys in his hand while opening his door. I got in and put on my seatbelt. I was checking my Instagram when Michael finally broke the silence.

"Want some Starbucks?" he asked.

"Sure, but I'm paying." I said, laughing.

"Uh no, I'm paying. For me AND you weather you like it or not. I have enough money to spend," he said with his eyes fixed on the road.

"Geez rich kid! How did you get so much that YOU are paying for my coffee when I can buy it myself?" I asked, demanding for and answer.

"3 ways: work, chores, and watching my demon-spawn sisters. Besides, my dad co-owns the McDonald's franchise. He'll just randomly give me $100." Michael answered. I widened my eyes and leaned back into the leather seats.

"What do you mean, the demon-spawn sisters?" I asked as he pulled into the drive-thru.

"If you met my sisters, you would understand. I swear their possessed," he said flopping back into his seat.

"Oh, I have one of those, but in the older-brother-named-Todd version. How old are your sisters and their names are what?" I asked him.

"10, both. Their twins. ReKenna and McKenna." He said. I suddenly understood his pain. When Todd was 10 and I was 8, he would torture me for days on end. "So what do you want?" He asked.

"Uh, a iced, raspberry coffee please." I replied. He took his sunglasses from the visor and put them on.

"Hello, welcome to Starbucks. Can I take your order?" The lady on the speaker said.

"We'll take an iced raspberry coffee and a iced chocolate carmel frappe please," he told the lady. He drove up to the pay window.

"Ok, that'll be $18.27 please." the black haired woman said.

He paid and the lady handed us our coffees.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Michael and I sat on the couch in his GIGANTIC room. We were watching "The Legend of Kora". I scooted towards him and he put his arm around me. Then, I realized, we were on a date. I looked at him and he look at me with this look in his eyes. Then, before I knew what was happening, my lips were pressed against his.

------------------------------
HELLO MY DEAR READERS:
I know my format is still not what your used to. I'm trying to figure it out. I have asked 1 out of 2 of my followers and I'm still waiting for a response on how the first chapter was and how to properly format the ending. I hope you guys enjoyed chapter 1 and 2. I'm hoping to update everyday but, I have school, homework, and chores to do and a German Shepard to take care of. Please follow TheUJelly_ she has inspired me to write this book.