Chapter Twelve

I stood in front of my mirror. I looked hot. Well, according to River. I thought I looked…like a complete whore. I pulled the end of my black dress down my thighs and grimaced. Never will I ever let River dress me again. I was wearing a tight black dress that barely covered my butt. It was a short sleeve dress, which I liked because I had no tan whatsoever right now. I was wearing a pearl necklace and earrings along with short black boots with heels. My hair was all curled to the side and I had light make up and a splash of red lips. I did not look like myself. River walked into my room and his eyes lit up.

“If he doesn’t date you, I will!” He shouted then smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

“You nervous?” River asked taking my wrists and shaking them.

“Yeah, a little. I’m excited though. I miss dating.” I said.

“Isn’t it great?” he asked. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I looked at River and felt like I was going to barf.

“Who am I kidding, I can’t do this…” I said then turned around and started biting my nails.

“Hey, yes you can and yes you will. Look, this guy obviously likes you, so just…get to know him. Be yourself, alright? Have fun for once. Oh, and I’m not giving you a curfew. If I don’t see you until tomorrow morning, then oh well. Have fun, babes.” He said then kissed my cheek.

I groaned as he pushed me to the door. He gave me one last peck before he vanished into his room. I took a deep breath and pulled myself together. I opened the door as Warner smiled at me. God, he was gorgeous. He was wearing a black Ralph Lauren shirt with a white shirt underneath and black jeans with white Supras. His blonde and brown hair was up in a quiff and his light blue eyes were so bright and beautiful.

“Wow.” He muttered, stuffing his hands in his pockets.  I felt my cheeks grow red and I smiled.

“You’re pretty wow yourself.” I said. Oh that’s great Aspen, like that’s not cliché.

“Well, are you ready to go?” He asked. I turned around and saw the empty apartment. I sighed then turned back to Warner.

“Yep!” I said then closed the door behind me, exhaling and telling myself I could do this.

---                                                                         

I don’t think I would ever be able to get over his voice. His accent was so haunting and sexy and yum. We were only a good five minutes into our date, and I was completely bewildered by him. He ended up taking me to a pretty casual restaurant. America’s version of Applebee’s you could say. Warner took the liberty of ordering us both beer.

“So, you’re living with your friend you said?” He asked, leaning closer with that perfect smile of his. I smiled and nodded.

“Yep. River, he’s…he’s an interesting person.” I said, biting my lip then taking a sip of from my beer bottle. He chuckled.