libraries and love bites*

thank you fkinavocado for being a beta for this chapter!!
18+ readers only - sexual content

************
Y/N was having a hard time concentrating.

She was situated at a rectangular table in the back of the library, Connor sitting across from her and Harry perpendicular to both of them at the end of the table. They were all studying, or supposed to be anyway, and every few minutes she had felt Harry's sweltering gaze burning into her pores.

She hadn't been alone with Harry since Friday night. She didn't count their brief trip to the grocery store the other day; it's not like they could just fool around in the middle of the canned food aisle.

When Connor was present, which seemed to be constant for the last five days, she had to keep up the facade of being only a casual friend to Harry. They didn't say much to each other face to face, but they would text when they were in their separate rooms.

Whenever she thought about doing her makeup beyond a natural everyday look or wearing a cute outfit around the apartment, she decided against it so Connor wouldn't be suspicious. Sure, she would a lot of the time wear glam makeup and dress up a bit just because she enjoyed it, but she had to take every precaution.

That's why she was clueless as to why Harry kept staring at her; there was nothing special about her appearance today. She wore minimal makeup - mascara, pressed powder with blush, and chapstick - and her hair arranged into a messy bun. She was wearing a lavender tinted hoodie with a white fluffy cat printed on it and some deep gray leggings with her black winter boots.

Y/N glared back at Harry as if to warn him to be more discreet, the corner of his mouth lilting up into a smug, knowing grin. She wanted to kick him in the shin.

Unable to endure Harry's antics anymore, she pulled up Facebook Messenger on her laptop and sent a message to him.

Y/N: aren't you supposed to be studying?

Harry: I got distracted

Y/N: so i noticed

Harry: I take it back, I am studying...I'm studying you 🤓

Y/N: wow...did you come up with that line on your own?

Harry: No, I read it in the latest issue of Cosmo 🤪

Y/N: cheeky 🙄

Harry was covering his mouth with his tattooed hand as he struggled not to laugh. He peered at Connor, confirming he wasn't paying attention to the pair.

Harry: You just look so cute today

Y/N: I don't feel cute

Harry: Well, you are

Y/N bit her lower lip sheepishly, checking him out as subtly as she could. Harry looked pretty cute himself in his brown corduroy flares and lime green sweatshirt that read Stay Away From Toxic People. He of course wore his pearl necklace with the outfit along with some dirty white Vans.

Y/N: you too 😍

Harry: I bet your arse looks amazing in those leggings too, I just haven't had an opportunity to sneak a peek yet

Y/N: 🤭 do you do that a lot?

Harry: More than I should

Harry: Does that bother you?

Y/N: no - quite the opposite actually

Harry: I thought as much 😏

Harry's eyes shifted from his laptop screen to Y/N, watching as her cheeks turned crimson.