artichokes and arguments*

|18+ readers only | sexual content, angst

***************

"Why are you always sticking your arse in my face?"

Y/N rolled her lips into her mouth, holding back a wry smile as she stayed in her bent over position, roaming around the lower kitchen cabinet for a frying pan. "Harry, I'm just trying to make breakfast." She stood up and placed the pan on the stovetop, flicking on the burner and dousing the pan in butter cooking spray.

"Sure," he countered sarcastically, his eyes glued to her bum with a smirk on his face. "And let me guess, you wore those extra tight yoga pants just because they're comfy?"

"They are!" Y/N squealed.

Harry smacked her bum and swaddled her up in his arms from behind, his soft lips skimming the shell of her ear. "You little tease. Y'know, I was so hard in bed this morning, thinking about everything we did the other day." His large hands smoothed down the outside of her thighs before circling around to squeeze her ass.

Y/N turned around with her tongue in her cheek, giving a dismissive wave of her hand. "Connor is gonna be home from the coffee shop in a few minutes."

"Hmm," Harry smirked. "Fancy a quickie?"

"Harry!" She scolded, skirting around him to retrieve the carton of eggs from the refrigerator. "I know it's been a few days since we've been alone together, but we have to be careful."

Harry blew air from his cheeks and slipped his hands in his pockets. "You're right. Dammit, tonight's going to suck."

"Why do you say that?" Y/N probed as she cracked an egg against the edge of the frying pan.

Harry lifted the hem of his white t-shirt to wipe the sleep out of his eyes, Y/N's pulse accelerating as her eyes immediately landed on the laurel tattoos accentuating his hips. "Because, it'll be torture watching Connor and Coley being all loved up when I can't even be near you."

"You'll be sitting next to me." Y/N shrugged.

"You know what I mean, Y/N. I won't even be able to hold your hand. It's just...not fair."

It had only been a week since Harry and Y/N had become (secretly) more than friends, but Harry was finding himself quite taken with her, and it was beginning to scare him actually. He'd never caught feelings this intensely so quickly before. He almost wished that he would've just talked to Connor about the situation after that first night with Y/N. Now, he felt himself sinking deeper into the hole the pair had dug themselves into, and he didn't know how they were supposed to climb out of it at this point.

"You're sweet, Harry," Y/N proclaimed. "We'll be alone most of the day together tomorrow, Connor has work doesn't he?"

Harry gave her a sad smile. "Yeah, around noon I think."

Y/N plated her eggs and opened up the medicine cabinet so she could take her birth control. She always took it every day right after breakfast.

She booped Harry on the nose with the tip of her index finger. "I think you can hold out until then."

Harry nodded with a pout on his lips and then turned his head when he heard the creaking of their front door. He started backing away from Y/N and muttered something about changing out of his basketball shorts since he was cold.

Connor trudged into the kitchen with a drink holder in hand, displaying two steaming cups of coffee and one iced latte. He set it on the dining table along with his wallet and keys.

"How is it you drink iced coffee with the freezing temperatures outside?" He badgered his sister.

She sat at the table with her eggs and grabbed her drink, sipping it and licking the froth from her lips. "Gorgeous gorgeous girls only drink iced coffee."