Chapter 35

Marco POV

"We found her." one of Gio's guys says thought he intercom.

The whole room burst out laughing, punching their arms in the sky, patting each other on the back. Everyone's face filled with joy. 

I slowly sink to the ground of our meeting room, trying to hold back my tears of relief and happiness. 

We have barely left this meeting room since yesterday when Gio recognized where Bexley was. We would have gone to get her ourselves, but that would have taken too long and very difficult to move the guns and amo across for that many more men.

Gio has a large group of men in Mexico, has he controlled a gun trafficking route from here to Punta Cana, so he informed them on what is going on and that they need to get Bex. 

We have been working ever since to make sure they know what routes to go in and the plan that will successfully get Bex out, and it worked.

Enzo reaches down to my a pats me on the back. "We got her Marco, it's all over." He says this as more a reminder to himself than to me, but I squeeze his hand anyways, a silent thank you. 

All of a sudden all my inner circle, Enzo, Gio, Rosco, Angelo, Antonio, and of course Eliza, Antonio's fiancee, group hug me. I have never felt more at peace in my life. My Principessa will come back to me and after that, all hell will rain on the Mexicans. 

That has been a worry of mine. I don't know the extent of her injuries or what they put her through. I'm not sure if she will be the same Bex we all know when she comes back, but we will love her anyways. I will always love her anyways. 

Now what's left to do is get her room all set up and wait a few hours while they fly her here from Mexico.

3 HOURS LATER

I just got a text from one of my guys saying they would be here in 5, but we should have medical ready because apparently, the Mexican's did a number on her. 

"Angelo, get the doctor here right now and make sure the infirmary in the west wing is all set up, she will be here in 5."

We have always had an infirmary here because going to the hospital and saying that you got shot after you killed 20 people is not what we like to do. 

I go up to my room and change into a plain grey sweater and some black cargo pants. I want to feel like home when she arrives, not like another Don dressed in a suit. I don't want to remind her right away that the reason she was taken is all my fault because I put her in this life. 

Unless of course, she already feels that way and the second she enters the door she will try to kill me. I go to my bathroom and look in the mirror, running my hands through my hair. My reflection looks like how it used to before I met Bex. Absolutely broken, empty, angry.

I am going to lose it on the Mexican Mafia as it is, but if they hurt her worse than I am expecting, even though what I am expecting is bad, I will tear every single person's lives apart. The whole mafia will be dead. The security, the maids, the entertainment, their families, even their fucking dogs.

And if they are the reason Bex does not want to be with me anymore... No, Marco, you can't think like that. You just have to hope for the best. In that horrid video they sent us, she was crying for me right? That has got to mean she still loves me.

I try to forget those thoughts and walk down the stairs to the main hall where I will wait for her. I don't need to scare her by me and all my men rushing out to her at once. And she could still be unconscious as the men messaged me saying she was too scared and had to sedate her.