Epilogue Part 2

"We should paint the baby's room gray," Sophie said as she held up paint chips against the wall.

"I think that would be a great idea. I could paint a mural on one of the walls, if you want." Keefe was known for his artistic ability. 

"That would be great, honey. But now, we need to go start making dinner. Tam, Biana, and Liam are coming over. And you know he only likes the mac and cheese that you make so you better get started. I'll make the creamy chicken and the salad for the rest of us."

"Sounds great," Keefe replied. They both headed down to the kitchen to start making the meal.

------------------------

The couple heard a knock at the door. "That must be Biana's family. I'll go get it." Sophie said.

She walked up to the door and opened it. Standing there was Cassius Sencen, Keefe's dad. "What are you doing here." She said rudely. 

"Aren't I allowed to visit my son and his wife?" He replied, pushing the door open and walking in. 

"I did not say you could come in. Leave."

"Now, don't treat me like that. I'm your father-in-law." He led himself to the couch.

"I wasn't kidding. Get out. You are not welcome after how you treated your son."

"Sophie? Why aren't you guys coming to the kitchen? Dinner is getting cold.

"I'll be there in a minute, honey. Can you put it in the oven so it stays warm? Biana isn't here yet."

"Who is it then?" Keefe questioned as he walked to the living room where his father was sitting and his wife was glaring. 

"Father? What are you doing here?"

"I came to visit my son, who didn't even decide to tell me he was getting married. Let alone having a baby." Cassius said.

"I don't have to tell you anything. You never cared about me. You're making Sophie stressed. You need to leave NOW."

Sophie had never seen Keefe this angry. She walked up and grabbed his arm. 

"You heard him. Leave." She stated.

"You are going to be a terrible father. " Cassius stated as he walked out the door. 

Keefe broke down. "Hey, don't worry. You are going to be an amazing father. I can tell just by the way you stood up for us. You don't need to feel guilty for kicking him out. He was and is terrible to you." Sophie rubbed his arm.

 "Thanks." He wiped away his tears. "We can't let Tam see me like this." He laughed.

"Haha. Now lets go finish dinner." Sophie hopped up and pulled Keefe along with her, giggling the whole way. 

Soon, they actually arrived, after a cautious Keefe made sure it wasn't his father at the door and a couple weird looks from the family outside. 

"Hey guys! You made it!" Sophie grinned, giving them each a hug.

"Well, we should have done it at our house. I didn't want you to have to make dinner. You're pregnant, after all!" Biana scolded. 

"It's not that hard to make dinner while pregnant. I don't mind." Sophie replied. "Well, lets head to the kitchen before dinner gets cold!"

"Okay, okay. Lets eat!" Biana responded. 

"Hey, Liam! I made your favorite mac and cheese!" Keefe said to the three year old.