Puppy love.

Ira woke up and looked down to see a sleeping Oak in her arms, she remembered what happened last night and smiled to herself . "Oh yeah..." Ira sighed softly and held the inkling close to her body, Oak awakened shortly after and looked up at the pink octoling with a warm smile on their face. "Morning lovely." Oak said and Ira let out a small giggle and planted a small kiss on top of Oak's head after they both sat up, Oak wrapped their arms around Ira and let out a sleepy groan. "I don't wanna do anything today... Just wanna sit here and hug you and just do what couples do..."

Ira smiled and tilted her head to the side slightly. "Well, what do couples do?" Ira asked and Oak thought for a second... "I have no clue what couples do." Oak said quietly and grabbed their phone, shortly after Ira got out of bed to change into her day clothes while Oak had their face buried in their phone looking up cute things couples do. Ira looked over at Oak's phone and noticed what they were looking at. "Ooooh we should go to that one café we went to that one day!"

Oak smiled and stood up putting their phone in their back pocket, "So like a date! Oh wait I gotta go home and get my pretty clothes on and then I'll come back and we can go to the café!!" Oak spoke, softly stomping their feet on the ground and smiling, Ira giggled to herself. "We can both go to your house so you can change and then that'll save us time!" Ira said and Oak nodded and put on their shoes with Ira doing the same, Oak grabbed Ira's hand and they both walked out the door and made their way to the house. Oak was talking the whole walk and Ira listened happily, Ira loved seeing the inkling so happy and she loved their voice and all the little things they talked about and when Oak would stumble over their words. After 10 minutes of walking, talking, and laughing they finally arrived at Marie's small little house and Oak walked in with no hesitation.

"Oh Oak you're finally home! Seems like you brought your girlfriend with you too huh?" Marie said, she was laying on the couch looking up from her phone with a small smile on her face. Oak nodded and Ira shyly waved at the cuttlefish. "Yeah! we're going on a date and I gotta get dressed for it and Ira wanted to come so I thought why not!!" Oak said in an excited tone and started flapping their free hand in excitement, Marie giggled at the happy inkling and went back to here phone. "Well have fun with your little date and Oak when your done changing come here okay?" Marie said and Oak nodded, the kids went back into Oak's room and the inkling started looking through their clothes, Oak would show Ira some outfits and would ask what she thought until Oak settled on a white button shirt and some black jeans with a few holes. Oak went into the bathroom to change and asked Ira's opinion one last time when they came back.

"So what do you think, I look pretty right?" Oak asked and Ira nodded, "You look super duper pretty, then again when do you not look pretty!" Ira spoke and Oak blushed softly, they smiled and gave Ira a quick peck on the cheek before going to see what Marie needed. "I-I'll be right back! I'm gonna go see what Marie needed." Ira nodded and Oak walked out into the living room and stood behind the couch. Marie looked up at Oak and handed them her credit card, "It's your first date so spoil her rotten, and don't worry about the money Oak its alright." Oak took the card with a big smile on their face. "Thanks mom, I'll make sure to make her as happy as I can!" Oak said as they walked back into their room and held their hand out for Ira to grab.

"So what did she need?" Ira asked as the two of them walked out the door, Oak looked over and smiled. "Oh she just gave me money so we can do whatever you want!" The kids walked and talked till they made their way to the café. They walked in and Oak order the same drinks they got before as Ira went to sit down, Oak went to join Ira when they were done and smiled at the octoling. "Did you get some cake too?" Ira asked as she reached out for Oak's hand, "No sorry, I was planning on getting some when we leave and umm do you wanna go shopping too?" Oak grabbed Ira's hand and held it. "Valentines is tomorrow and I wanna buy you what ever you want!"

Oak said and Ira smiled, she tilted her head slightly and asked, "What's 'Valentines'?" "Oh, Valentines day is a day were couples get each other gifts and candy and just do what couples do!" Oak explained and Ira got excited, she agreed to go shopping and Oak's smile got wider. Oak heard their name get called so they got up to get the drinks. Oak returned and sat down, they handed Ira her drink and Ira took a sip. "Oooh hot coco, thanks Oak!" Ira spoke happily and Oak let out a loving sigh, speaking under their breath. "Cod she's so damn cute..." Ira looked up at Oak and smiled, Oak was slowly sipping their tea and almost spit it out when the two of them locked eyes. Oak's face was flush and they looked away, Ira started giggling and quickly finished her drink.

"Pfft sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!!" Ira said and Oak waved their hand as they drank their tea. "It's fine, it's fine... you just caught me off guard..." Oak said and finished up their drink as well, they both looked at their empty cups and they stood up and walked out the door. Oak completely forgot about the cake and so did Ira, They held each others hands and made there way to the mall. Ira was looking around amazed at all the new things she was seeing, they walked around the mall and Oak let Ira get what ever she wanted. "Oak Oak look what I found! It's so cute!!" Ira was hugging a large sea bunny stuffy and was looking at it was a huge smile on her face. "It's adorable, do you want it?" Oak asked and Ira nodded quickly, Oak bought the stuffy and soon they entered a clothing shop. A pastel pink dress with a drippy looking design on it caught Ira's eye, Ira grabbed the dress and showed it to Oak. "pleeeeeaase?" Ira asked and Oak chuckled softly, "Honey you don't have to ask." Ira got the dress and they left the mall with a huge bag of candy, a sea bunny stuffy, and a dress, Ira was extremally happy and Ira was the one talking the whole way home this time.

Oak was walking Ira home and once they got there Oak gave Ira a kiss on the forehead, "Alright bye love, see you tomorrow! I love you!!" Ira looked at Oak with a frown and hugged them, "Your not staying over again?" Ira asked and Oak shook their head. "No I'm sorry baby but I gotta plan for tomorrow, I'll see you tomorrow I promise." Ira let go of the squid and nodded, "Okay..." Oak gave Ira another kiss on the cheek to cheer her up a bit. "Bye bye Oak." Ira said in a less sad tone and gave them one last hug. "Bye Ira, I love you!" Oak said as they walked away, "I love you too!"

Oak walked home happily and once they walked into the house they noticed Marie in the kitchen, they ran into the kitchen and saw Aki in there too. "MOM MOM MOM WE HAD THE BEST DATE!" Oak spoke excitedly and Marie smiled. "Good, I'm glad to hear that it was a good first date!" Oak hopped onto the counter next to Aki with a goofy smile on their face. "So you and the octoling are dating now?" Aki asked and Oak nodded, "Her name is Ira but yeah!" Aki smiled and patted Oak on the back. "Nice, anything planed for tomorrow?" Aki asked and Oak shook their head, "No... I was gonna hang out with her again tomorrow and just be lovey dovey with each other I guess..." Oak said then hopped off the counter. "I'm gonna go to sleep actually." Marie nodded in agreement, "It was a long day for you, you really should get some rest." Oak nodded and started walking to their room. "Good night y'all..."