Chapter Ten

A one-night stand turned out to be a one-month hook-up contract. Tumawa siya at umiling. Great. Fucking great.

And of course, if there were hook-ups, there were also rules.

The rules?

No kissing with the other guy.

Definitely no flirting.

No telling anyone.

And last but not the least, no falling in love.

Bitch, you got it right. The rules were only applied to her. He obviously slapped her the fucking truth that he was the master of this game. That she had no fucking say on this and she had no fucking choice but to follow him.

Damn him.

Venera never thought for a second that helping her sister pull out of her suffering could lead her to this kind of situation.

Yes, she would do anything for her family. She would always help her sister even if it was completely draining, even if it exhausted her, irritated her, even if it was hard to deal with, even if it was painful because that's how sisters should love their sisters, right? She would always feel responsible for her well-being. Always. She often took on the role of the strong one who seemed to manage the problems more easily than the other but she suffered silently in her own ways and no one knew about it.

Venera threw her head back, closed her eyes, and took a long, deep breath.

She thought giving herself to him would be enough. Who would expect that Ricardo Fucking Segovia would asked for more? Hindi niya akalain na 'yong biro niya kay Hyde na kapag natikman siya ng binata ay hindi na siya nito matitigilan, ay magkakatotoo. Dumilat siya at muling napailing. Why were things didn't go according to her plans? Again, she sighed.

Aaminin niya, she researched him. In the world she was living in, everybody knew everybody. Maliit ang mundo ng mga katulad nila. Imposibleng hindi niya ito makikilala. And the strange thing was, the first time she saw him, he was oddly familiar. She felt like she knew him, had known him for years. Which was ridiculous. She would remember if she had met him before. A guy as hot and as gorgeous as him wasn't easily forgotten. But surprise, surprise, she really didn't know him. Hindi dahil sa fashion at sa medisina lang siya interesado.

She messed around. A lot.

Flirted around. A lot.

But she never heard his name nor saw him. And so she researched him.

The Segovias was known as a quite low-key family in the country. Maybe it was because they had nothing to prove to anyone. Extreme wealth was just something they had, it was not something that had them. And they really value their privacy. Peeking inside the usually private world of the clan was really hard but such a one hell of an experience if one gathered some information. She had to thank Cash Segovia for that. She met him at a private birthday party of Hillary Araneta two years ago. They were not friends but they shared small talk whenever they bumped into each other. Pribado ang mga social media accounts nito at tanging piling mga tao lang ang friends at followers pero naka follow sila sa isa't-isa. Si Cash ang pinakabata sa kasalukuyang henerasiyon ng Segovia. In his Instagram and Facebook posts and stories, she got a look at the Segovia Family's reunions, parties, vacation houses, international properties, old family photos, and even some personal details from his cousins.

She learned that Rise Segovia lived abroad for half of his life. That explain why she had never seen him before. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Columbia University. He was one of the early investors of What's Up—a top messaging multi-media application. The messaging app remained on top of stock evaluation up until now.