Chapter 6: Kingdom's Edge

Eamon's POV

It's been an hour since the peaceful gathering, this is why I love cats.

"You guys! Search for remaining citizens, lead them far from here. Go!" I commanded my squad members.

"Roger!"

Tsk. Such bad timing. What are they up to at a time like this?

We should not let them inside the kingdom. There are still citizens in this area, it's not safe for them to be here.

2 targets in front, their faces...so ugly.

The neck huh?

I dashed towards those ugly dogs and sliced their necks open. blood immediately spurted out, and stained my face.

So, it's true. Their neck is the weak spot. This should be easier. I looked at my cloak and realized how dirty it gets. Tsk, filthy.

"Eamon!" The daydreamer's voice rang through my ears. She rushed towards me, with Yuri by her side.

Sheira's POV

"Are you okay? Eamon?"

"I'm standing in front of you and you can't tell? Worry more about yourself."

"Eamon, how's the condition?" asked Yuri.

"Worse."

"Eamon, your squad will handle the Heians that managed to escape. We need to finish them here."

"Roger."

"Sheira, your squad will handle the front line together with me and Eamon. I need you in the backline to lead those soldiers."

"Roger!" I nodded.

They should be fine on the front line. Both of them have tons of experience and both of them are skilled. I should focus on my task and... Worry more about myself.

Eamon's POV

"Slash the neck! That's their weakness!"

"Roger!"

***

It's been hours since we stepped outside. The soldiers started to get exhausted.

"There's too many of them, I don't think we can handle this!" a fellow comrade cried.

"Captain! Let's retreat! We will only be wiped out if we keep on fighting like this, and... I don't want to die today!" another soldier added.

"Keep on fighting! Soldiers! To keep your family and your loved ones safe!" Yuri tried to encourage us.

"Yuri, help me handle the right side. I'll handle the left side," I said.

"Okay. You're a strong soldier, Eamon. I trust you."

"m."

I slash a lot of Heians, they're countless. Tsk, filthy dogs.

You really love eating huh? How about a taste of my sword with a dressing of your own blood!

Yuri's POV

Eamon's swiftness and strength are undeniable. My decision to entrust him with the frontline isn't misguided. The battleground should find solace in his capabilities.

I wonder how it is going back there, Sheira... Stay safe. I believe in you, guiding the citizens to a distant haven.

Sheira's POV

I can't help but worry about what's happening at the front line. I hope they're both alright. They're seasoned warriors, there's no need for concern, right?