𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞-

𝙊𝙉𝙀-𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴:

She knew everything.

She knew that the facility that herself, her brother and best friend were staying at was all WICKED.

They didn't even try to hide it.

Alina and the remaining two people from their maze had been here a week, but a week was all they needed to come up with an escape plan. The only problem is that they were short on people, even though Aris was in on it they still needed more. Problem is, would anyone actually believe them? Of course not.

Alina stared up at the ceiling lost in thought, was she really ready to face what was out there?

Of course she was, it wouldn't be the first time she has been in a near death situation with a crank or what she liked to call them 'biters'.  Seeing as their maze was filled with them making it nearly impossible to run in it everyday. But there was one question she couldn't shake off, why them?

She had heard stories from the other survivors, something about giant mechanical spiders with razor sharp teeth or whatever. And as for them.. they had dead people chasing them, wanting nothing more than to rip into their flesh. One bite from them and you're gone... unless you're immune.

Alina didn't know if she was or not, she had been in life or death situations but she hadn't been scratched once, not even bitten. The blonde didn't really want to find out.

Her brother, Lucas had told her that he was going to the hall for something to eat, along with Amara, "I'll meet you there, just give me a minute." her accent echoed throughout the small room they shared. They both sent smiles her way.

She moved out of the bunk bed to get changed into the usual outfit, black jeans, a black long sleeved top along with some boots. She began to French braid the top half of her hair, but stopped and tugged the rest of it into a high ponytail.

Alina moved towards the steel door and walked past the guards that were stood outside, she had her suspicions. Do they know that they know? She had hoped not, they needed their plan to work.

She walked into the hall and made her way to Aris, Lucas and Amara. As she did she saw that a group was watching them, once they hear the sound of her boots hitting the floor their eyes snapped towards the girl.

She shot them a glance hoping they would look away, but they kept on staring as David spoke to them. Once she had sat down the majority of the group had looked away apart from one, he had tan skin with fluffy black hair. He just wouldn't stop staring, Alina raised a brow at the boy daring him to carry on, he simply raised one back.

Is he starting a staring competition?

It had been about a minute and her eyes were getting dry, when is he going to stop? "Hey Ali" her brother kicked her leg from under the table, making Alina look away from the Asian boy.

"Who are you staring at?" Lucas asked his sister, Amara looked towards her friend wanting to know the same thing, "No one." she replied back to them looking down at the table, "Really? you sure you and him weren't having a staring competition." her friend teased.

"We were and you made me loose." Alina pointed her finger a Lucas, he furrowed his eyebrows "what how did I-"

"-you kicked me from under the table, made me loose my concentration." they started to bicker back and forth, Aris and Amara just stared at each other giving each other a look; They had a plan, Aris was going to talk to the new group and tell them what was really happening.

"Good evening, Gentlemen. Ladies." an annoying voice shouted trying to get everyone's attention, however his voice didn't stop the two siblings from bickering, "I still don't get how it's my fault?"

"I literally just told you-"

This time both siblings were kicked, they both stopped and turned to face the two, "oops." Aris mumbled as the room finally went quiet, but still a few people stared at their table wanting to know what they were arguing about. Including the new group. The one who had started the contest had a small smirk plastered on his face, hardly noticeable to those around him.

"You all know how this works. If you hear your name called, please rise in orderly fashion, join my colleagues behind me where they will escort you to the eastern wing." Janson spoke as he walked into the middle of the hall.

"your new lives our about to begin."

People applauded the man.

Alina, Aris, Amara and Lucas however, did not.

The man flipped open his clipboard getting ready to call out names, his eyes scanned the room before looking back down and announcing "Conner." the boy stood up as he high fived his friend, "Evelyn. Justin. Peter." Alina prayed that non of her family's names would be on that list.

"Allison."

"Squiggy." his table laughed as he ran over towards the growing line "All right, settle down. Franklin. And Abigail." he closed his clipboard as the rest let out  groan of annoyance.

"Now, now, don't get discouraged. If I could take more I would. Theres always tomorrow. Your time will come. Go on eat up." and with that he left the hall "I can't believe people think they're going somewhere safe." Amara scoffed as she took a sip of her water, they all let out a hum of agreement.

"Hey, Teresa?" one of the new boys yelled across the hall, making the others break off from their conversations "Teresa!" he yelled once again, he had tried to leave the hall to get to the girl, but a guard stopped him from going any further. Alina watched with curiosity.

"I'm going to try and talk to him tonight." Aris said to the three of them, "good idea, you going to show him the bodies?" Alina asked the boy, she tilted her head to side in thought.

"There really is no good way to say that."