𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧-

𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉-𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴

The group emerged from the ruble they camped at, the sun was beaming down on Alina making beads of sweat glisten across her forehead. What she was looking at right now, was the same sight she saw when her and Lucas along with Amara were dragged into the helicopter. Everything was destroyed, the tall buildings looked as if they were ready to collapse. (Hopefully that wouldn't happen.)

She had no time to continue to examine what was in front of her because everyone started to walk again. Before leaving Alina had mentally prepared herself for the long walk ahead of them. She looked at her brother noticing he was staying close to Winston, while she was at the front with Thomas, Newt and Minho.

As the group walked in silence not really knowing what to say, which was quite foreign to them since they would normally listen to the bickering that came from Lucas and Alina. She would've made some sarcastic comments, but she couldn't do it. Even in broad daylight she knew that the bitters still lingered, and if they were walking through an abandoned city she knew for a fact there would be strays.

"What the hell happened to this place?" Fry questioned "I don't know." Newt replied, while she was walking along with him she couldn't help but notice that he had a limp. However she wouldn't ask about it, not unless he felt comfortable telling her. "It doesn't look like anyones been here in a long time." the brit said "No living person at least." Alina muttered, however her brother just happened to hear everything and anything that came out of her mouth "Hey, enough." he told her "What? I am just speaking the truth, unless you want me to lie." she shrugged, the group just sighed, not in annoyance- more like relief... kinda. 

"That's not what I'm saying and you know it." Lucas said "Then what are you saying? Please enlighten me, Luke." the two siblings bickered back and forth at the back of the group while the others talked about the city some more and hoping that the whole world isn't like the one we're in.

Alina and Lucas suddenly froze as they listened to what appeared to be rumbling, Thomas saw that the two stopped and when Alina pointed towards her ear telling the boy to listen. "Whoa, whoa, hang on, stop." he told the others, the group turned to look at the three "Do you hear that?" the noise only got louder, the siblings both slowly moved forward knowing that they may have to hide. And then the whirling came, an all too familiar sound.

"Get down!" Thomas shouted "Everybody, hide! Hide! Hide!" he repeated, the girl took notice of a massive slab of concrete which was laid flat, leaving room for underneath. "In here!" she shouted out, Minho grabbed her hand and dragged her underneath the slab of concrete. She saw that her brother and Aris had gotten underneath safely.

Once she saw the front of the Berg she pushed herself closer into Minhos embrace, still feeling like WICKED could see her even though she was sheltered. As the aircrafts flew over their heads he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her in closer, if that was even possible.

"They're never gonna stop looking for us, are they?" Minho said from his position, as much as Alina didn't like the question she felt as if she needed to answer him "No, which is why we can't stay in one spot for too long." the blonde answered. Minho looked down towards her and nodded his head telling her that he understood where she was coming from.

One by one the group left the hiding spot and continued their journey through the torn up city. Alina saw that they had to climb up a hill that was covered in rocks and a lot of sand, she wanted to groan but she didn't instead she went ahead of the group and started to climb; the others weren't far behind. She had to put extra effort into the climb since she was carrying her and Winston's bag, however she really didn't mind.